What is the healthiest type of watermelon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is sort of a continuation of my black seed's watermelon thread, thank you for all who posted in that thread.

Is there a healthiest type of watermelon? If so what is it? Are they all the same health wise? I don't care much for taste.

Hmmmm...maybe not what you are looking for....but, if you don't like it, find something else!? Life is too short to punish oneself when there is an abundance of options. JMHO.

You still need to quantify your criteria for healthy as we've pointed out in numerous other of these threads. Without that understanding, the, question is meaningless.

Besides, once you figure out your criteria for healthy, you'll already understand what's healthy and not according to those criteria. It's a useful bit of self education and will guide you much better than we could.

Oh heck all that water and fiber is good for you. If you have it, eat it, enjoy it! Watermelon is a joy.
I was about to say, watermelon is about 92 percent water and contains significant amounts of vitamin C and potassium. I doubt different varieties have large differences between them. Just eat and enjoy it.

You said you don't care much for the taste - so why are you so obsessed with it? If you don't like it, don't eat it - eat something else.

I don't particularly like watermelon either, so I eat other fruits.

The biggest problem we have with watermelon, is that I like it a lot and would prefer a large one. There's just not enough room in the fridge for it. I keep a cooler just for it. I freeze water in bottles and jugs and use those to keep the cooler cold until the watermelon is gone.

@everyone and thymeless

I don't know what you mean by quantify my health criteria for healthy but if you mean why I am wanting to eat it, it's to increase my testosterone levels in my body. Recently I had a physical done and my doc said My testosterone was a little bit below normal so I Wanted to try having watermelon once a week just for that health benefit as A Ebook I have had for many years says to do that so I want to try it and see for myself. If the watermelon is all the same when it comes to increasing my testosterone levels, I would think all just get the cheapest one in the store.

Last edited:
When it comes to the healthiest type of watermelon, it's important to note that all varieties of watermelon offer similar health benefits. Watermelon is a refreshing and hydrating fruit that is low in calories and rich in essential nutrients. However, there are a few factors you can consider when choosing a watermelon:
Ripe and Fresh: Opt for a watermelon that is ripe and fresh. Look for a firm, symmetrical fruit without any bruises or soft spots. A ripe watermelon will have a deep, vibrant color and slightly dull skin. Seedless or Seeded: Seedless watermelons are a popular choice as they are easier to eat and enjoy. However, seeded watermelons can also be nutritious and have a slightly different texture. Choose the type that suits your preference. Organic or Conventional: If possible, consider selecting organic watermelons to minimize exposure to pesticides. Organic watermelons are grown without synthetic chemicals, which can be beneficial for those who prioritize organic produce. Sweetness and Flavor: Watermelon varieties can vary in terms of sweetness and flavor. Personal preference plays a significant role here. Some popular sweet varieties include Crimson Sweet, Sugar Baby, and Jubilee.
Regardless of the specific variety, watermelon is a good source of vitamins A and C, as well as antioxidants like lycopene. It is also hydrating due to its high water content. Remember to wash the watermelon thoroughly before cutting and consuming it.

Back
Top Bottom