What is the Lunch Wagon bringin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DampCharcoal said:
Turkey Bacon Melt sandwiches. The more I try to use the turkey up, the less I use! Better cook extra bacon!
sounds good Damp! You could make a really make a good turkey club sammich too!

Juliev said:
DampCharcoal said:
Turkey Bacon Melt sandwiches. The more I try to use the turkey up, the less I use! Better cook extra bacon!
sounds good Damp! You could make a really make a good turkey club sammich too!

Damp, I just posted a grilled turkey apple and cheese sandwich under sandwich section for just this reason! :)

buffalo boneless chicken breasts, string beans and shiitakes sauteed with garlic, thyme and evoo, a can o' corn, and a diet coke...

lol@can o' corn. You like that a lot.

I'm eating a 6" meatball sub with moz cheese and onions, gr peppers, and mushrooms. I'm also having a beer.

I might go to Pizza Hut later and just get a Personal Pan pizza..I'm stuffed. I love it, because you can get them at any time now.. used to just be a day-time thing.

Juliev said:
I might go to Pizza Hut later and just get a Personal Pan pizza..I'm stuffed. I love it, because you can get them at any time now.. used to just be a day-time thing.

Pizza Hut had great Pizza many years back. Now they suck :!:

that's about when I worked there..many years back. I still love their personal pans.. and their stuffed crust. :LOL: some of their stuff does "suck" now bang, but it's not that bad.

We've stopped going to Pizza Hut. I loved the hand tossed and they don't have it anymore, at least around here. Plus they're all really run down and dirty (don't know if they're owned by a franchisee or not). The quality just isn't there anymore. I'll stick to our local pizza shops.

PA Baker said:
We've stopped going to Pizza Hut. I loved the hand tossed and they don't have it anymore, at least around here. Plus they're all really run down and dirty (don't know if they're owned by a franchisee or not). The quality just isn't there anymore. I'll stick to our local pizza shops.

It was the Hand Tossed that was so good. I believe they have switched ingrdients now too causing the quality to suffer.

Last time we went we got pan when we found out there wasn't hand tossed anymore and the crust didn't even reach the edges of the pan. It was like they used a medium crust in a large pan. It's just too expensive for that!

I will agree with that.. their quality isn't there anymore.... BUT.. one thing I love is their butter garlic sauce that they use on their fettucine. I love to dunk my bread sticks/garlic bread in it. I haven't eaten there in awhile. One place I really like in town is called Rudy's Pizza.. they make their own dough, sauce.. everything...plus, free delivery.

Bangbang said:
Juliev said:

Pizza Hut had great Pizza many years back. Now they suck :!:

you said it bang. i haven't been to pizza sl-hut in years. i mean, i've had worse, like at a 6 flags (the pizza was sauce and rubber on cardboard), but with so many good mom and pop pizza places around, why suffer thru a pizza hut?

The most depressing thing I read upon moving to Memphis from Chicago was a survey in a local magazine about the best pizza in town. Pizza Hut was the winner.

Good thing their barbecue made up for that appalling ignorance.

Juliev said:
Otter said:
Peanut Brittle. I bought some at the store today for an evening treat. Unfortunately I decided to sample some, and it became "lunch." That should drive a few dieticians up the wall. :LOL:
:LOL: hey, whatever works Otter! I like to make that for Christmas gifts for coworkers. I put it in a really special holiday tin with ribbon.

Do you have a recipe that you can share? I'm looking for cookies/treats that I can make for the neighbors as gifts.

Thanks!
Trish

lol.. peanut brittle in a lunch topic.. whatever works. Yes I do have a recipe.. let me find the book.. hold on.

Back
Top Bottom