What is the most romantic food/drink in your opinion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mexican mama

Senior Cook
Valentines day is just around the corner for u what is the most romantic food/drink???:chef:

Champagne (or Prosecco or Cava or US Sparkling); almost any slurpy food, or food you can feed each other.

The most romantic foods, imho are your SO's favorites, made by you. :)

If your loved one loves shrimp, this is a really romantic dinner that is excellent served with Champagne:

Shrimp de Jonghe
Shrimp de Jonghe was created by a Belgian chef/restaurateur in Chicago many years ago – probably in the ‘20’s. It’s been one of my favorite things to eat since I was about six and my “Fairy Godmother” took our family to a restaurant where this was a specialty. I figured out how to make it when I was a teenager, and the rest is history. I didn’t know until recently, tho, that it was unknown to most of the rest of the USA. If you like shrimp, you definitely should have this recipe!
4 to 6 servings
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 to 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped (or to taste)
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1/3 cup very finely chopped parsley
½ cup Fino sherry
dash of cayenne pepper
dash of paprika
2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined

1. Cream together butter, salt and garlic. Mix the bread crumbs, parsley, sherry, pepper and paprika with the butter mixture.
2. Put the shrimp into boiling water. Cover and remove from heat to remain only until they turn pink. Rinse with cold water and drain.

3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter 4 to 6 individual ovenproof dishes, or one large casserole dish.

4. Divide shrimp among casserole dishes. Mound crumb mixture on top. Bake 20 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown and sizzling.

Teacher’sTip: Because this is so unbelievably rich, Shrimp de Jonghe doesn’t want much in the way of accompaniment. A simple salad with a vinaigrette or a plain-but-perfect green vegetable along with enough crusty bread to sop up ALL the sauce ­ will be PERFECT!

As to whether it's romantic or not really depends on who you're with and the feelings that flow between the two of you. I could make a handful of peanut butter crackers more sexy than a lake of chocolate and a mountain of strawberries, if I'm with the right person! ;)

But this Sunday, my Valentine and I will be enjoying an endless supply of King Crab Legs. :rolleyes:

A romantic food will always be your favorite food together. As for me and my girl, it will always be pizza and tacos with champagne.

Creme Brulee is nice, but I'm a sucker for Bananas Foster. Anything that lets me flambe!

Plus if you have any left over it makes delicious french toast topping!

Bananas Foster

Creme Brulee is nice, but I'm a sucker for Bananas Foster. Anything that lets me flambe!

Plus if you have any left over it makes delicious french toast topping!
I do love Bananas Foster..it always reminds me of that exotic,tropical feel like your on vacation on the bahamas or something

In the summer raspberrys tossed in honey and cognac or Ameretto.....ice cream optional.
Winter - Oysters served any way.

Back
Top Bottom