What is this for???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silconecook

Assistant Cook
i got this from a friend as she knows i enjoy cooking. But i have no idea what it is for!! any info greatly appreciated.:yum:

the lid and sides are silconey. the feet are silcone. the ridge part is not steel, feels like hard plastic. but don't know for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_0126[1].jpg
    IMG_0126[1].jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0127[1].jpg
    IMG_0127[1].jpg
    58 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0132[1].jpg
    IMG_0132[1].jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Can't really tell fromt he photos. Looks like a multipurpose roasting vessel. So, those two pieces in the last photo come out? Can you take a photo from further away so we can see all of the pieces in relation to one another?

It looks like a silicone bake pan with a lid. Just guessing here. The lid looks to be an optional thing to use.
The hard bottom is an insert that's removable for easy cleaning.

You can bake cakes, casseroles, lasagna.

Nice friend. Lucky you if I'm right.

Munky.

The 2nd photo is the silcone lid and an insert(on the 3rd photo,too, the back of it). the insert, i can't figure out, it's ridge and rigid and a bit heavy. unfortunately, none of pan itself is removable. i tried to roast a chicken in it but it is too small, had to cut up the chicken. It's about 8inches X 8 inches. i just thought it there was like some special use for this pan thingy.
thanks for your replies.

Welcome to Discuss Cooking!

Is there a reason you can't just ask her what it's used for? If she purchased it for you she should know, on the other hand, maybe it's a re-gift and she doesn't know either? ;)

The picture just isn't that descriptive. My bet is that it is a non-stick coated roasting pan, with silicone sides. Th sides would make it easier to handle that metal sides. This pan would be great for roasting veggies, or something small, like a cornish game hen, or maybe two chicken breasts, or sausages, etc. It would be great for frozen french fries, or sweet potato fries. This of course, assumes that the cookware is oven safe.

You could make some funky looking flat bread with that pan.:cool: Be creative with it. Experiment a little. Roast some hot dogs on it, or better yet, some pigs in the blanket.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

thanks everyone. no manufacture name on it. thanks for the suggestions. i've put it into the oven before. no problems. just small. so i guess maybe small plate food :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom