What is your favorite drink?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JayJay

Assistant Cook
I will have to say a walk the plank from Dave & Buster. Has anyone ever had one?......Maybe its a tie between that a Long Island Ice Tea

In the winter months:

red wine
white wine
Bourbon
gin & tonics

In the summer months:

white wine
Pimms cup
mojitos - any variety
rum & coke
gin & tonics

My favorites change all the time and there are different categories. I might have a favorite hard drink, but then there is beer which is a different category in itself.

My drink of choice right now is Grey Goose on the rocks. I enjoy a good gin and tonic during the summer. Dark and Stormys are nice sitting in the sun by my pool too. Mojitos were good for a while, but I think I am over those now. A dirty vodka martini is near the top of my list as well.

wine with a meal
hoppy micro brew beer (IPA)

sippini' wiskey after a meal (single malt or small batch), craft distilled vodka or rum, B & B or Limoncello

In general, I only drink stuff I can see through.

Gin and Tonic and bloody marys (the 'see through' exception) in the summer.
Crown Royal on the rocks in the winter.

Red wine and beer all year.

long time favorite is Kahlua and cream

don't keep much liquor or would make Long Island Iced teas!

just keep a variety of single malt and blended whisky/whiskey's on hand, and an occasional bourbon:)

At home I usually dirnk vodka gimlets (vodka and lime juice). Drink that year 'round. Occasionally a dirty martini. Beer is usually something I enjoy in the summer, with the exception being some nice dark Irish brew on St. Patrick's Day.

Also enjoy good scotch and bourbon and appreciate a nice Cabernet Sauvignon.

When eating out, I'll often order a Galliano stinger or Manhattan.

I do not care for "cocktails," except for an occasional VERY dry Martini (Bombay), or when in the Caribbean, Mai Tai's.

My preferred alcoholic beverage is wine. In no particular order, Champagne/sparkling; red, white, rose (NOT blush!). On wintry evenings I love good Cognac and Armagnac, Ports, Sherries and Madeiras.

Occasionally I'm in the mood for top quality rum, bourbon or Scotch, all w/o mixers... straight up, one cube, or sipped like brandy.

"Cocktails" aren't my thing either unless I run across a really good homemade bloody mary!!!

Champagne first, Rhone Valley next (I will do tricks for Chateauneuf du Pape) and I have a fondness for Russian River Valley and Santa Lucia Pinot Noir's....oh, and let's not forget Burgundy (both white and red)....and New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc's.....and Austrian Pinots....and Austrian Gruner Veltiner's.....and Spanish Albarino...I see a problem here! Good thing I work in a wine shop! :blush:

Mixed drinks....I love vodka mixed with anything that is not too sweet.. Diet 7-Up or diet cola with a twist of lime... that is my favorite all-year-'round.

For whiskey... I love Crown Royal, mixed with Rumple Mintz... equal parts in a rocks glass... called a Top Shelf Stinger. I also love (on a rare occasions) a shot of Southern Comfort or on the rocks.... good sipping whiskey.

When I want something sweet, I love coconut rum with pineapple juice.
yes.gif

Beer.... I absolutely love George Killian's Irish Red.... ice-cold draft or in the bottle!!

It's a toss up for me, I'm mostly not a cocktail person, I like a strong single malt Scotch like Talisker ... straight please, no ice or water.

My next favorite might be a Rusty Nail, but only if the right Scotch is used and the person making it knows to "float" the Drambuie and not to mix it.

I also enjoy Whisky(ey too!) Sours

After the dark liquors I head for Vodka and Gin mixers, just about any combination with those :) One liquor I can't stand is Rum, waaaaay too sweet for me.

I will have to say a walk the plank from Dave & Buster. Has anyone ever had one?......Maybe its a tie between that a Long Island Ice Tea

If you like long island iced teas, you should try a new drink i had a couple weeks ago. The alcohol is called firefly and it tastes like sweet tea. Mix that with lemonade and it is absolutely delicious.

I also enjoy Whisky(ey too!) Sours
I used to drink those, but they're too sweet for me now. Used to also like Apricot Stone Sours (made with Scotch). Someone "remembered" and brought me one, unbidden, at a reunion of sorts. I couldn't bear to disappoint them, so I tried to drink it. Got about 2 sips down.

One liquor I can't stand is Rum, waaaaay too sweet for me.
Interesting youshould say that. Rum, by itself is not sweet at all. It's all the stuff folks usually mix with it that makes it sweet. As I said before, I no longer have a taste for sweet alcoholic drinks, but I really enjoy sipping Barbancourt 5-Star, like a brandy.

Interesting youshould say that. Rum, by itself is not sweet at all. It's all the stuff folks usually mix with it that makes it sweet. As I said before, I no longer have a taste for sweet alcoholic drinks, but I really enjoy sipping Barbancourt 5-Star, like a brandy.

The Rum's I've had have been sweet by themselves, not sure which one's they were because the memories are a little fuzzy :ROFLMAO: I don't like mixing drinks anyway, but drinking Rum is like drinking a liquid candy of some kind and gives me the willies :)

Back
Top Bottom