What is your favorite quickie breakfast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

georgevan

Senior Cook
I don't like the idea of going through a cooking process after waking up.. So i have decided to try a bagel with cream cheese and strawberry jam on top. Whats your favorite?

I don't really eat breakfast anymore, but whole grain toast with cheese was a go to. When I was younger, and when I wanted variety, I would put an egg in a bowl, add some orange juice, beat it a bit and then add some milk and beat it until frothy. A friend named it "Tarzan breakfast" and the name stuck. It was pretty tasty and easy. Milk powder can be substituted for the liquid milk. That makes it a bit thicker. It's really quite nice tasting, sort of like an Orange Julep without the added sugar.

I have a variety of breakfasts I cycle through based on what sounds good to me each morning. The quickest breakfast would be a muffin. We keep a variety of muffins in the freezer (corn, cranberry nut, blueberry, banana, lemon poppyseed, chocolate chip). It's fairly easy to grab a muffin, nuke it and eat.

During the week:

- Whole-grain cereal with oat milk.
- Toast

- Smoothie

Weekends:
- Breakfast Burrito (Egg, Salsa, Cheese)

- English Muffins with Bacon, sometimes Bacon and Egg

- Danishes

I have a variety of breakfasts I cycle through based on what sounds good to me each morning. The quickest breakfast would be a muffin. We keep a variety of muffins in the freezer (corn, cranberry nut, blueberry, banana, lemon poppyseed, chocolate chip). It's fairly easy to grab a muffin, nuke it and eat.
I really like this idea of keeping a variety of muffins in the freezer.

The quickest breakfast I have is leftovers lol. I need a lot of protein, so I usually have eggs and toast. Sometimes I make herbed cream cheese and put it on a toasted English muffin.

We have breakfast out, 2 or 3 times a week. Anything from griddle items to egg plates.

At home, we start our day with cereal and fruit.

Ross

I don't really eat breakfast anymore, but whole grain toast with cheese was a go to. When I was younger, and when I wanted variety, I would put an egg in a bowl, add some orange juice, beat it a bit and then add some milk and beat it until frothy. A friend named it "Tarzan breakfast" and the name stuck. It was pretty tasty and easy. Milk powder can be substituted for the liquid milk. That makes it a bit thicker. It's really quite nice tasting, sort of like an Orange Julep without the added sugar.

Did you cook it or swallow that egg raw

During the week, ours is mostly some sort of whole-grain cereal with milk, followed with juice of some sort. Weekends it's a little different.

At our age, we eat less and less at every meal.

At what age do you start eating less and less

Lately I've been having a 3 bowl breakfast and spice shot, but, in a hurry, I'd grab an orange, an apple, and 4 oatmeal fruit flax cinnamon cookies that we keep in the fridge at all times.

If in a rush... just coffee.

3 Choices for my breakfasts are, in no particular order:

Shreddies c milk

Bagel 'n Cream Cheese (with or without jam)

Eggs in a plethora of different ways - lately seem to have gone from poached to scrambled/shirred/fluffy omelette - or whatever you'd like to call it.

Sometimes I will make a batch of waffles to keep in the freezer so when I remember them...

I used to love:
  • big shredded wheat biscuits with milk, and a touch of sugar.
  • Raisin bran,
  • Life Cereal,
  • Cream of wheat with fruit jam, or preserves,
  • Toaster waffles toasted in a pan with butter, and served with real maple syrup, or honey,
  • Grape nuts cereal,
  • granola cereals,
  • muesli cereals,
  • poached egg on toasted, buttered English Muffin, with sausage links
  • basted dippy eggs,
  • left over pancakes, heated in a pan with butter served with fruit jam,, grapefruit half with sugar sprinkled on top
  • Many more items
    • French toast

These are all quick, and filling. As you can see, I have a wide variety of foods that I used to enjoy. All of the cereals are better with added freeze dried berries, fresh blueberries, or slices of banana.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Hard-boiled eggs aren't very exciting but they are easy and nutritious.

A ham and cheese sandwich on whole wheat with a glass of V-8.

Cereal with almond milk.

A piece of fruit and a slice of toast with a schmear of peanut butter and a glass of almond milk.

A slice of cold pizza! :heart:

DIY mcmuffin . . .

IMG_2372.jpg

Back
Top Bottom