What is your favorite snack?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can also do Sweet Potato Chips. But believe me when I tell you, don't try to zap them at the same time. The high sugar content of the Sweet Potatoes... well, they go sort'a black. :whistling

You can also do Sweet Potato Chips. But believe me when I tell you, don't try to zap them at the same time. The high sugar content of the Sweet Potatoes... well, they go sort'a black. :whistling
I'll skip the sweet taters ;)

While I love sweet potatoes, when it comes to snack chips, I'd rather have 'regular' potatoes anyway.

I'll skip the sweet taters ;)

While I love sweet potatoes, when it comes to snack chips, I'd rather have 'regular' potatoes anyway.
I feel similarly. Here a fast food chain serves sweet potato fries, I tried them, didn't enjoy. McDonald's fries taste so much better.

I feel similarly. Here a fast food chain serves sweet potato fries, I tried them, didn't enjoy. McDonald's fries taste so much better.
Yeah, not into fried sweet potatoes. I prefer them baked with a little butter and brown sugar. Whipped sweet potatoes are also amazing to me.

Did you know that on the glycemic scale boiled sweet potatoes are roughly about 46 but 81 to 88 when baked?

LOL, I just like them baked and buttered!

My late MIL used to make them for special dinners - in a casserole drowning in brown sugar glaze and butter! Man, they were sweet!

Did you know that on the glycemic scale boiled sweet potatoes are roughly about 46 but 81 to 88 when baked?

LOL, I just like them baked and buttered!

My late MIL used to make them for special dinners - in a casserole drowning in brown sugar glaze and butter! Man, they were sweet!
No, I did not know that! :oops:

Yes, we have that sweet potato casserole every year at Thanksgiving, marshmallows included. As much as I love sweet potatoes, I can only eat a very small portion of that casserole because of how sweet it is. Sweet on sweet on sweet is just too much to eat all at once.

There's a lot of "sweet" talk in that post :LOL:

I ate about 15 Sunsugar tomatoes while outside waiting for the AC guy to come back down from the attic, one of the times he checked it. I asked him if he likes raw tomatoes, but he said that his wife does, but he doesn't, and she would be the one that eats all those tomatoes I gave them yesterday. So I stood there and ate the whole handful of them I had, that I had just picked! I wonder how high on the glycemic index those things are? :unsure:

LOL, I think it depends on how long it was off the vine.
Did you know that it is the sun that raised the glycemic rate? If you stand in the sunshine and eat a fresh tomato it is triple?

As a follow-up to my statement that Lay's Classic Potato Chips are my all-time favorite snack, I can say they are not as good as part of a meal such as burger and chips.

As a follow-up to my statement that Lay's Classic Potato Chips are my all-time favorite snack, I can say they are not as good as part of a meal such as burger and chips.
Oddly (since they're my favorite chip) I agree. I love the Lay's on their own. But when it comes to a pile of chips on a plate with a burger or a dog, I like the classic Ruffles. Crunchier and great for scooping baked beans (just something I used to do as a kid and still do to this day).

I just made another favorite snack today, though technically, I have never made this exact smoothie before, as it is with the first kajari melon I've had. I cut this one open, and immediately thought about saving the seeds, to make some horchata - a Mexican drink I've been making for years, since I got the recipe in one of Diana Kennedy's books. The seeds from cantaloupes are blended, then strained, and some water, sugar, and a little lime juice is added. And sometimes some other fruits are added. This time, I also blended the melon, after the seeds, and added the last few cubes of pineapple I had in the fridge, a small orange, and a few drops of coconut flavor (always good in these things!), and after blending all those smooth, I squeezed in a half of a lime, and added the other half a few dropsat a time, until it was just right. Then I removed half of it, a little over 375 ml, and put that in the fridge, and put ice in what was left, and blended that smooth. I usually add some chia seeds to it, but forgot, but I'll do that with the other half. Absolutely delicious, and only gave myself one brain freeze!
Seeds and liquid from the Kajari melon, blend in VM, until smooth, and strained. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Strained Kajari juice, going into the trimmed melon, to be blended. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished smoothie, with the Kajari melon, pineapple, orange, and some lime juice. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom