What is your favorite snack?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
You know, I love a good ripe bosc pear, or pink lady apple. Raspberries,blackberries, Saskatchewan berries, etc, cookies (pecan sandies anyone), brownies, cake, all kinds of pies, all kinds of nuts, popcorn, cold leftover spaghetti, cold slice of liverwurst, cold hot dogs, good cheesem all kinds of salumi, etc. All of these are great snacks, as are so many other snack items.

That being said, my all time favorite snack is one I can no longer enjoy due to kidney issues, Lay's Ruffles potato chips, followed by Lay's regular potato chips. The complex flavor of those fried, salted potato slices is just something I sometimes crave, If there was a pack of potato chips in the house, I had to have someone hide them from me. They are almost irresistible.

Ok. I shared my weakness with you. What is/are your all time favorite snacks, complex or simple. It could be leftover turkey stuffing, or cold pizza, or a Hershey bar. What do yo find irresistible? And, are there any foods you love to eat as they remind you of a lost parent, or grandparent with whom you used to enjoy it?

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I am big on snacking. Our pantry always has a plethora of crackers, nuts and other goodies. Most always, the fridge has an assortment of veggie snacks, cheeses and salami.

My favorite "memory snack" is a cold crab dip which my family has made, going back to the 50's. I make it several times a year and enjoy it with wavy potato chips, celery sticks and carrots.

Ross

Would you believe mine is home-made Nuts & Bolts !
Really fitting for this time of year in particular, but I also make them at least once or twice more each year !

My most common snack is a chunk of cheese and a chunk of Polish sausage. The cheese is usually cheddar, but could be Brie. Sometimes I have some olives with that.

We have also become very fond of bruschetta as a snack.

I'm not a big snacker, but I can never resist Lay's Classic potato chips. I have my own stash where I keep the bag and allow myself a Lay's snacking session on Sunday's while lazing around watching movies. There's never a time when there's not a bag of Lay's in my personal cabinet. Sometimes I'll go wavy, but my favorite is the classic.

Another favorite snack of mine is pork rinds. Love those things.

I'm not a big snacker, but I can never resist Lay's Classic potato chips. I have my own stash where I keep the bag and allow myself a Lay's snacking session on Sunday's while lazing around watching movies. There's never a time when there's not a bag of Lay's in my personal cabinet. Sometimes I'll go wavy, but my favorite is the classic.

Yeh. pork rinds (chicharones) are addictive. If I could get enough to make a snack out of it, fried and salted chicken skin would be a favorite.

Home made potato chips with dehydrated chicken powder and salt is really good as well.

And Taxi, what do you top you bruschetta with, or are we talking goof EVOO dressed, toasted braed with raw garlic rubbed on the toasted side (original Greek Bruschetta)?

Chief, I usually toast some baguette slices in the toaster oven, then rub them with the garlic, and top with chopped tomato that has had the seeds and gel removed and some chiffonaded basil. Sometimes I smear basil pesto on the bread instead of the fresh basil leaves. Oh, and the bruschetta gets a drizzle of the fancy EVOO. The first time I made it, Stirling asked how I did the garlic, so I explained. Next thing I know, he has posted on Facebook,
Today I Learned: Garlic Friction Erosion is a culinary thing, and it causes YUMS.

Yeh. pork rinds (chicharones) are addictive. If I could get enough to make a snack out of it, fried and salted chicken skin would be a favorite.

Home made potato chips with dehydrated chicken powder and salt is really good as well.

And Taxi, what do you top you bruschetta with, or are we talking goof EVOO dressed, toasted braed with raw garlic rubbed on the toasted side (original Greek Bruschetta)?

Ohhhhh my gosh, yes. I'm a chicken skin addict. And it doesn't have to be crispy for me to eat it. I'll even eat it boiled. As long as it's cooked in some way or another, I could eat chicken skin all day.

I like the wavy ones with French onion dip. I can't keep them in the house because I'll eat them all [emoji16]

I like the wavy ones with French onion dip. I can't keep them in the house because I'll eat them all [emoji16]

They're very hard to resist, that's for certain.

And why is it the very first chip is always the best tasting one? Once you eat that first chip, the rest of them are good, sure. But they don't taste like the first one.

They're very hard to resist, that's for certain.

And why is it the very first chip is always the best tasting one? Once you eat that first chip, the rest of them are good, sure. But they don't taste like the first one.
Till you find a brownish one. Those are the best [emoji39]

Gosh, we snack ALOT!!
Many a night we have simply had the easy route of
what we refer to as a Snack Plate.
Basically an assortment of whatever I have on hand,
which is always, Cheeses, Salami/Sausages, Fruits,
Nuts, Olives, Dips, Crackers, and a sweet to round
out the ball game ;)
Sometimes, I fancy it up and others it's just thrown
on to a small plate and dashed in front of DH.

IMG_5244.jpg

This was Christmas Eve last year at my Mother's in California,
can't do it this year though :mad:

See, here's the thing... I don't like the brown ones. I toss them back into the bag :LOL:

Gather them and send them to me! [emoji1787]
I'll fight you for the brown ones, GG! Dark-edged Triscuit crackers are great, too. I wish manufacturers would offer bags of the dark-toasted chips or "burnt end" Triscuits as their own product. I'd love to get my hand on a lot of either of those things. :yum:

Of late, my favorite snack is Flamin' Hot BBQ Fritos. I like them in chili, in salads, or alone. I regard Lay's Sour Cream & Onion as the best potato chips ever, with Lay's Barbecue chips a close second. And once we open the bag, between my daughter and myself a bag of Chester's Flamin' Hot Puffcorn disappears very quickly.

My wife is crazy for Poppables, especially the White Cheddar ones.

I used to crave lay's potato chips, the salt, the crispiness, the oil. I gave them up and it was no small feat. My blood pressure is normal now too.

Snacks: oranges, cantaloupe, dried apple chips, dried banana chips, and for something sweeter, black bean brownies, zucchini or fruit bread, very dark % chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom