What is your favorite TV Cooking Show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenniferlee

Washing Up
Hi..
I want to ask few question from you?
I like cooking and sometimes I watch cooking show on my satellite TV. I wonder...

• What's your favorite TV cooking show?
  • Who's your favorite chef?

Let me know.. :chef:

My favorite TV cooking show is probably The Main with Anthony Sedlak. He is a great guy with alot of passion and a great knowledge of food. I like how he is straight to the point with out any over eggagerations like other TV chefs.
My Favorite chef of all time is hard to pinpoint so many I respect for different reasons. Eric ripert for being so refined and elegant and taking great food to a level I thought never reachable. Anthony Bourdain because I can relate to his career and world inside the industry. And I cant leave without mentioning Chris Cosentino for the amazing things he is creating with odd ingredients. He is turning what I would call junk or use for stock into elegant beautiful and im assuming great tasting products

easy decision - Good Eats

the main reason i like it is because it teaches you about food and techniques, not just a sepcific recipe that can only be repeated....once you understand how to work with certain ingredients/tools, or why a certain technique is needed, you can apply it to an entire range of recipes (even make your own, now that you understand the rules)...ive prob only made a small handful of the dishes he makes on the show, but have used the knowledge i gained from him countless times (im sure this knowledge is well below that you would receive in culinary school, but its a pretty good base for the home chef).....the other reasons i like it is because i like science, and he is entertaining (in a nerdy way)

as for a fav chef, i dont think i have one at the moment....alton brown is not a chef and never claims to be - he is just The Man

I don't go for the fancy cooking "Challenge" type shows. I'm too much wondering what the heck they're cooking and what it tastes like. I bet it's good tho.

Also,
While I have a pretty well stocked spice cabinet, I don't like having to go to some local
"specialty" market to hunt down and buy an ingredient I've never heard of.

So...I'd have to say Good Eats cooking show is my favorite. It's a bit much with Alton
at times. Like a kids Saturday morning science show. Informative tho.

Kind of hard to choose because they all have their strong points, but I would have to go with America's Test Kitchens. I think that show has had more impact on my cooking then anything else because I've bought their cookbooks and subscribe to Cooks Illustrated on the 'net. I also am in their recipe testing program. As for TV chef? Dunno. I don't know who among them are real chefs. I used to love the old school Iron Chef. It made me jumpy, but entertained me. So, the next time I'm handed pickled sea cucumber snouts, I'll know what to do with 'em.

Tyler Florence (Tyler's Ultimate), Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa), Emeril Green on the Green Network

I love Emeril, and I miss "Emeril Live" on the Food Network.

Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten

Lidia's Italy, Lidia Bastianich (PBS)

Quick Fix Meals With Robin Miller

Barefoot Contessa, Iron Chef - new and old, Paula Deen.
I like America's Test Kitchens but forget when they come
on. I always enjoyed watching Julia Child and Jacques Pepin.
They taught you how to do stuff.

I really like Barefoot Contessa, too, especially the new Back to Basics shows. I'm also starting to watch some of the cooking shows on the fitness channel - I was expecting a lot of sugar substitutes and things like that, which I'm not so into, but they recipes actually been really good. Lots of fresh, local ingredients. Unfortunately, the hosts/chefs aren't always the most entertaining.

Favorite TV cooking shows

My favorite TV cooking shows:

1. Guy's Big Bite (Guy Fieri)
2. Everyday Italian (Giada DeLaurentiis)
3. Tyler's Ultimate (Tyler Florence)
4. Paula's Home Cooking (Paula Deen)

:chef: MAX

Maybe because Asian food is hard to come by in my town (actually, completely impossible), but my favorite these days is Ming Tsai.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom