What is your food quirk?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GB said:
I like marshmallow peeps, but I like them better when they are stale.
gb that is the only way my mom eats peeps. she buys them opens them up and lets them sit on the counter for a couple of days.

PA Baker said:
GB said:
I like marshmallow peeps, but I like them better when they are stale.

That's good to hear, GB--I thought I was the only one! I love semi-stale brownies, too.

Oh another good one. I forgot about those. Add them to my list too :)

peanut butter and crispy bacon sandwiches or PB and pickle sandwiches are awesome.
i think a lot of people correlate PB with sweetness because of jelly, but if you think about it, peanut butter isn't all that sweet, and the all-natural kind isn't sugary at all. so you can go either way with it. sweet jelly or salty bacon.

i also love elderberry jam, butter and crisp bacon on white toast w/ a glass of milk. my arteries don't like me very much after i have that for breakfast.

and i put syrup on my bacon, and a blend of ketchup and syrup on my sausage.

so there are a couple more sweet things i like, huh?

I don't know what it is about breakfast sausage, but I can't really eat it unless it's got some syrup on it. Maybe all the salt needs the sugar from the sryup to cancel each other out?

I like to put Salsa on my scrambled eggs and omelettes. But, it's got to be Pace Medium. The stuff my boss buys just doesn't cut it.

AllenMI, I'm the same way with sausage!

E4Fun, I've been eating banana sandwiches since I was able to eat solid food. Another way to do it is spread mayo on your bread & just slice the banana on top of it.

I've been eating banana sandwiches since I was able to eat solid food. Another way to do it is spread mayo on your bread & just slice the banana on top of it.
This is how we eat it..except DH puts pickles on his sometimes..In N.C. at the Big Dinners (families or Church) they always have sour pickles with their sweets..to counteract the sweet I guess..but I want to enjoy the sweet..

crewsk - I've got one for you to try (I eat banana and mayo sandwiches too - but I leave the bananas just cut in half - and also banana, peanutbutter and mayo sandwiches) - anyway - back to what I want you to try:

Skice a banana in half lengthwise and then in half again to make 4 pieces. Place on a pice of white or wheat bread (oh, get the broiler heating up). Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon and sugar and dot with butter. Broil until sugar starts to bubble or you can tell its done - BUT wait for it to cool a bit - that melted sugar on the roof of your mouth right beind your front teeth hurts like a...) :oops:

Entertain4Fun said:
Like I said, never heard of the banana mayo thing, but I AM intrigued enough that I might try it!

E4Fun, give it a shot! They are really good. I'm not surprised you have never heard of it either. It even gets me some strange looks from people around here. :D

Dove, I've never had it with pickles. I'm not too sure about that one! :LOL: Having pickles at every big meal is a "have too" around here!

kitchenelf said:
crewsk - I've got one for you to try (I eat banana and mayo sandwiches too - but I leave the bananas just cut in half - and also banana, peanutbutter and mayo sandwiches) - anyway - back to what I want you to try:

Skice a banana in half lengthwise and then in half again to make 4 pieces. Place on a pice of white or wheat bread (oh, get the broiler heating up). Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon and sugar and dot with butter. Broil until sugar starts to bubble or you can tell its done - BUT wait for it to cool a bit - that melted sugar on the roof of your mouth right beind your front teeth hurts like a...) :oops:

Elf, that sounds wonderful!! I need to call hubby & get him to pick up same bananas on his way home from work!! Savannah ate the last one with her lunch today.

Marge, one of my favorite snacks is cold, steamed, Okinawa sweet potatoes. Love their purple color and the sweet flavor.

I like banana sandwiches, no mayo.

Crewsk - I like to have that for breakfast or as a little sweet (when I'm in the mood) for a snack at night.

wasabi - I'm so jealous of your produce!!!!

I love original doritos with cottage cheese, cold waffles with butter and gjetøst (Norwegian goat cheese, which is carmelized), hard boiled eggs sliced thin ontop of a layer of anchovy paste on toast. When I was young I did love peanut butter and banana sandwiches (with butter) and sometimes added crisp bacon.

SierraCook said:
I like to spread butter on a flour tortilla and then spread a layer of jam. Then roll the torillla up and pop it in the microwave for 15 seconds or so to melt the butter. Yum!!

At last, a bit of sanity. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Onya Sierra :LOL:

Boy there's some strange stuff. :LOL::LOL: Is everybody pregnant? :LOL:

What about Vegemite, cheese and lettuce or peanut butter & honey (sesame seeds optional)? Butter (or marg) on both of course.

Dove said:
cold baked sweet potato.
Too right!! Cold yam is really brilliant, either solo or on a sandwich. Trouble is though, we can't cook enough to keep. 2 or 3 monsters go at the hot dinner with no left overs. One vegetable we never had any trouble getting the kids to eat - ever.

Back
Top Bottom