What is your food quirk?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Entertain4Fun

Assistant Cook
It just occurred to me, as I took my digestive cookies out of the fridge, that it may be considered a little quirky??? Maybe not? I much prefer the taste of cookies, crackers, chips etc if they are cold/refridgerated.

What's your quirk?

I love frozen Snickers nicole! :D

I'm not sure what mine would be. :? I keep my thin mint cookies in the freezer. IMHO that's the only way to eat them! Oh, I also put mayo on my hot dogs.

I always put something crunchy in my pb&j sandwiches--popcorn, chips, fritos--it just has to have that extra texture and a little salt!

This might sound weird but I put butter on my peanutbutter sandwich. My husband made it for me 2 years ago and I eat them all the time.

PA Baker said:
I always put something crunchy in my pb&j sandwiches--popcorn, chips, fritos--it just has to have that extra texture and a little salt!

PB& chips - can you say decadent?

Entertain4Fun said:
PA Baker said:

PB& chips - can you say decadent?

It's the whole salty-sweet thing. I can't get enough of it! :LOL:

GB said:
I like marshmallow peeps, but I like them better when they are stale.
img_84022_0_71f4451089707fd8f890b9c6991a2afb.gif
WOW

I can't believe my DH has started to put Bread & Butter pickles on his (whatever he is eating)with Peanut Butter! Sometimes it's crackers or bread. and sometimes he will add a slice of banana...Thinking of having him commited..LOL

Most of my quirks is what I dont eat... I dont really do sweets, bitters or oily stuff. Most fried items make my dizzy, bitter items stick with me for hours and sweets make me sick of the flavor.

As for quirks I do love frozen, peeled oranges. Im also a fan of plain white rice with a small dab of sugar mixed in or better yet sushi rice by itself.

i like to put doritos on boiled ham/mayo/lettuce on white bread sandwiches.
or baked tater chips and raw onions and frank's hot sauce on tuna salad sandwiches.

GB, i just threw out a package of Halloween Peeps the other day, lol. i love them stale, too. but i was kinda scared to eat these ones. losing a few teeth was a distinct possibilty.
like lugaru, i don't like sweet stuff, with the exception of fresh and a couple of kinds of dried fruit, rice krispies treats, angelfood cake in small doses, and pop. but only cotton club less sweet gingerale.
my other quirks: i don't consume coffee, chocolate, Coke, tea or anything else with caffiene. that's really odd for me. i used to drink pots and pots of really strong black coffee but that was when i had school and volunteer work and parties most nights and cafes were the hangout of choice. the last time i had any caffeine was Christmas of 2002. my Mom bought me a couple of little airplane bottles of alcohol and one was Godiva liqueur. i figured the alcohol would counterbalance the caffeine.
i always throw handfuls of crunchy stuff into my soup. usually it's chips, but cheese curls and tortilla chips work, too.
i have more but can't think of them right now.

Nicole, I put butter on my peanut butter sandwiches (when I rarely have one) and Dove, I love banana on my peanut butter sandwich.
I like frozen grapes a lot, but not too much into sweet stuff.

I gave this question some more thought last night & here's what I came up with...when I drink milk, it has to be ice cold, I put it in the freezer until it gets a thin layer if ice on top, I love mayo toast(it's just a piece of plain white bread toasted with mayo on it), banana sandwiches(mash a banana & mix some mayo with it & spread it on bread), animal cookies, either the chocolate or plain ones, dipped in peant butter. Lyndalou, I love frozen grapes too!

when me and my sister where about 12 we would make our own little creation. not sure what is was but we fried a tortila. then fried bologna, ham, salami. in a pan, after that was all done we put it on the tortila and threw some cheese and mayo on it. to us that was our after school treat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom