What is your ultimate Comfort Food/Beverage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
For m, beverage wise, it's milk, whole, and creamy. If I'm just a little chilled, or just befpre bed, a cup of hot milk just make me feel great. If i'm in need of cold refreshment, or to cleanse the palate, ice cold whole milk does it like no other.

Now that's not to say that a great root beer float, or strawberry malt isn't a wonderful thing. They are amazing. But for comfort, it's milk for me.

For foods; it's anything that brings back memories of doing something with family, or great fiends. It could be a liverwurst sandwich, pancakes, a really good, double decker BLT, pasties, chili, spaghetti, etc. I grew up in a household that was very loving. And though I wasn't one of the popular kids, the friends that I had were exceptional, and we shared a lot of adventure together.

What's your ultimate comfort foods/beverage?

Seeeeya; Chief Longgwind of the North

Agree on milk. Definitely comforting.
For food, I'd have to say, sandwich with sliced salami, turkey, maybe some other cold cuts with a side of dill pickle, or pickled tomato.

The best comfort food and drink that works for me... is anything that jumps into my hands upon opening the fridge and can be devoured standing there.

My favorite comfort foods are fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy :yum:

A beverage? Hm. A mocha caffé (coffee with hot chocolate) is all I can think of. I haven't had milk in decades.

I don't often drink milk, but I do enjoy a glass once in a blue moon. My favourite is a 3.8% m.f., organic whole milk that is pasteurized, but not homogenized. Okay, I lie, there was some locally raised 5% m.f. Guernsey or Jersey (I can't remember which) milk that is really good, but it isn't available all the time. I put milk in my tea, so we always want to have milk in the house. It also works in a café au lait. The weather is getting warm, so I will probably start drinking ice café au lait again soon.

i don't know.
i almost never eat iraqi pita {similar to that} but i like it when it's hot and crusty and made the proper way.

i also like fatty parota {layerd flat bread}. i like it plain with salt and oil.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom