what kind of eater are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
which is mose typical of you?
type-1 eater (the glutton)
in the a.m.- 4 fried eggs, 1/2 lb. of bacon, a few sausage links with syrup, french toast, coffee with cream and extra sugar, and a big glass of whole milk
morning snack- m&m's and a pastry from the office lounge, a few cans of Coke
lunch- 2 double bacon cheese burgers, chili-cheese fries, and a large shake.
afternoon snack- a bottle of coke and a king-size hershey bar or 2.
dinner- Hungry Man XXL Backyard Barbeque microwave meal and a 6-pack. a half of a still frozen sara lee cheesecake for dessert.
snack while watching tv- half a bag of sour cream and onion chips and most of a tub of French onion dip. 2 cans of coke. another beer. peanuts.
before-bed snack- a pint of ben and jerry's and some oreos. another beer.
midnight snack- a big hunk of velveeta and some burnt toast. a quart of chocolate milk.

or is this more typical of you?
type-2 eater (the normal eater)
in the a.m.- a muffin or a bagel and some whole or 2% milk, coffee.
morning snack- a snickers bar and a diet Coke
lunch- a half a hoagie, a bottled water
afternoon snack- 2 oatmeal-raisin cookies
dinner- spaghetti and meatballs, garlic toast, salad, and for dessert, defrosted apple pie
snack while watching t.v- pretzels and a beer or 2
before-bed snack- some cold leftover spaghetti, plain and straight from the colander
midnight snack- a sip or 2 of water from the glass on your nightstand

or is it this one?
type-3 eater (the low-carber)
in the a.m.- poached eggs, bacon, coffee and cream
morning snack- a low-carb snack bar
lunch- a bleu cheese-topped steak and broccoli, diet pop
afternoon snack- pork rinds
dinner- low-carb pasta with parmesan and olive oil and garlic, salad with low-carb dressing, diet pop. and for dessert, cheesecake made with splenda and a hazelnut crust.
snack while watching tv- hard-boiled eggs and hot sauce
before-bed snack- beef jerky
midnight snack- string cheese

or, there's the
type-4 eater (the health nut)
in the a.m.- an egg white omelet and fresh canteloupe and honeydew, skim milk
morning snack- a carton of fat-free, organic soy yogurt
lunch- turkey on sprouted grain bread, an organic all-fruit smoothie, bottled water, and half a mango
afternoon snack- an apple and vitamins, plus one of your 8-per-day, 8-oz bottles of 'fitness water'.
dinner- baked Kosher/free range/organic chicken breast, steamed green beans from the garden, organically-grown brown rice, and bottled water.
for dessert, fresh strawberries.
snack while watching tv- lighty salted rice cakes and organically-grown carrots
before-bed snack- air- popped, unsalted black diamond organic popcorn
midnight snack- a shake made with protein powder

and as for the
type-5 eater (the vegan)
in the a.m.- morningstar farms breakfast sandwich and some soymilk
morning snack- tofurky jerky
lunch- a soy-cheese sandwich with lettuce and tomato, and some rice milk, plus a pear
afternoon snack- wasabi peas
dinner- seitan 'burgers', coleslaw made with vegan mayo substitute, and a lentil salad. for dessert, soy yogurt with vegan brownies.
snack while watching tv- pita and hummus
snack before bed- old-fashioned oatmeal
midnight snack- fruit leather

which are you most like?

I guess I do a little of everything, but in moderation. Fruit for breakfast a light lunch and then a good dinner. I am not counting anything out of my diet, but have cut way down on carbs. That is, I still have bread, potatoes,etc. just not 3 times a day every day. I've never been much for snacks. I walk a lot, so by tweaking my diet I have lost 30 pounds and have kept it off for over a year.

Oh yes, I haven't given up my wine before dinner, I'm not that good.

:)

lyndalou said:
I guess I do a little of everything, but in moderation. Fruit for breakfast a light lunch and then a good dinner. I am not counting anything out of my diet, but have cut way down on carbs. That is, I still have bread, potatoes,etc. just not 3 times a day every day. I've never been much for snacks. I walk a lot, so by tweaking my diet I have lost 30 pounds and have kept it off for over a year.

Oh yes, I haven't given up my wine before dinner, I'm not that good.

:)

hey, good for you! :D
30 lbs. kept off for a year+ is a big accomplishment!

I am a little of everything too...... depends on the day and what I'm doing. I eat more on weekends... and I find I eat alittle more this time of year... but I never seem to over do it.

middie said:
mostly type 1 lol. bad isn't it?

There was a weekend a couple weeks back that I was like that.. that's all I did was eat.. lol.. and Sunday I ate so much, I couldn't eat again til I had my late night snack, which was around midnight or so.

I'm a type-6 eater (the skimpy eater)
in the a.m.- Mt Dew, Pop Tart, and Coffee
morning snack- Dried Fruit
lunch- Sandwich, a few chips, another soda
afternoon snack- Dried Fruit
dinner- Veal Marsala, garlic mashed potatoes, steamed veggies and a bottle of good Merlot
snack while watching t.v- Bourbon on the rocks in a nice hi-baller
before-bed snack- Water.
midnight snack- Water.

*shrugs* I only eat complex meals for dinner. Everything else I keep simple. I'm also one of those types that rebelled against the typical southern upbringing that tells us to clean our plates no matter what. I will eat until I'm no longer hungry, and then stop. Drives my family crazy.

I guess I'm a dietition's nightmare!
3 cups of coffee for breakfast
A beer or 2 for lunch
Then, DINNER!!!
Protein/starch/veggie.
I don't really snack too much, but I'm a sucker for ice cream before bed.
(yeah, I know it's the worst time but it only happens once or twice a month) :LOL:

i'm a little of everything too,but mostly i'm a skimpy eater,i've come up with a formula 4 myself which works quite well for me,it is that i eat only one big meal a day(usually dinner),for breakfast i usually just have a glass of milk,and then a light lunch,or if i have a good breakfast(like an egg and 1 or 2 toasts),then i skip lunch or just have some salad or fruit 4 lunch.And for dinner...ahhh..well..i just let go,by the time its time 4 dinner,i cant hold back anymore anyway :D ...,and i eat whatever i want without feeling guilty.So that way i like the way i look,i've been doing this for a couple years now,and have maintained my weight since then :)

I'm not any of them. On the weekdays since I don't get up until 10am I usually skip breakfast. I have a light lunch around 1pm and then around 7pm I have a really big dinner. My big downfall is that I drink a lot of coke. I will sometimes work until 10pm or 11pm and in that case I will have a small snack then.

On the weekends I eat all through the day. :LOL:

A combination of 3 and 4 only leaving out pork rinds, soy yogurt, vitamins, lo carb stuff, all sodas, artificial sweetners and jerky. I usually use low fat dairy products but not artificial sweetened stuff. I have used the Morningstar farms soy products and they are not bad.

I'm pretty much in line with sarah (must be a sensible Minnesota thing) - I try to balance out the day. If I know I'm going to be having one big meal, I cut back on the others. 5 is my number - one large (3) means two smalls (1 each ) the balance of the day. On a typical day, it is 2 mediums (2 each ) and 1 small (1).

Back
Top Bottom