What kind of Gas Stove do you have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
The house is up for sale and I'm already planning for the next one but want to do my research beforehand.

I love cooking on gas stoves. I've had electric in rentals in the past and grew up with them at mom and dads but honestly I prefer the gas models.

I'm planning on going with Stainless Steel...........tell me your recommendations. Let me know all about the one you recommend, including cost.

I'll be asking more questions, as the time goes, regarding other items.

Thanks

SizzlininIN said:
Doesn't anyone own a gas :LOL: stove they love?

I do, but it's 55 years old. :LOL:

Been doing some research too. One of the things I've discovered on the gas ranges I'm interested in is how low many of the oven doors open. That's one of the reasons the Five Star is at the top of my list ... the door doesn't open nearly as low. Also, I like the fact that it's available in stainless as well as white or black enamel. And, you have the option of sealed or open burners.

http://www.fivestarrange.com/frame.html

SizzlininIN said:
I'm planning on going with Stainless Steel...........tell me your recommendations. Let me know all about the one you recommend, including cost.

I don't own one but around here and where I do some private cooking, people have nice Viking or Garland stoves. I prefer the Garlands. School has really nice Viking stoves and convection ovens.

I would look into those 2.

Thanks! I'm def. going to do some serious stove shopping her soon. Think I'll avoid the one with the grill built in though.....I've heard some negative things regarding cleaning.

Hi Sizzlin, I moved to my new house about 8 months back. I have a Kenmore 5 burner cooktop on an island and I love it. It's all stainless steel with sealed burners (for easy cleanup) and the grates are pretty lightweight so they are easy to clean.

I absolutely love it. I wanted to go high end but my budget only permitted staying with Kenmore just getting the highest end in Kenmore. I was told by the SEARS builders rep that the high end Kenmore is manufactured by Whirlpool and KitchenAid.

It has a simmer burner, one high BTU burner and the rest medium burners.

SizzlininIN said:
Think I'll avoid the one with the grill built in though.....I've heard some negative things regarding cleaning.

A grill is usually an option.

mine's nothing fancy. just your average 4 burner kenmore that his aunt gave to us. i do know that when we remodel our k itchen the bf wants to get a ss viking.

I am just so jealous, stuck with the stupid electric cooking which I absolutely abhor. I love cooking with gas, which is why I always used to use my BBQ daily to cook. Now my daugher has the BBQ as I do not have a place for it now. I WANT GAS, I would not even be pickey, any gas will do better than the best electric stove. DAughter and fiance are thinking of putting gas in their house. Hope they do.

We have a Whirlpool 4 burner and I hate it. It is a flimsy piece of c**p. You hit a sore point with this one. It is very hard to clean around the burners. The oven has the vent at the back of the burners with the control above that and when you use the oven cleaner it turns the area around the vent yellow. We have to keep adjusting the heating control for the oven as it doesn't stay true. Wrote to Whirlpool about it and never got an answer. My idea of the perfect range is a gas top and an electric oven. People use to laugh when I asked about it but now they do make them.

I worked at a place about 25 years ago that was refurbishing the kitchen. I paid 50.00 for a "worn out" 40 year old Grizzly stove with a 48" grill. (10.00 for the stove and 40.00 to get it home) The only thing about a grill that is hard to clean is finding a pumice stone. I have lived in 4 homes after that and always had to redo the gas lines, the standard 3/4" pipe isn't big enough to handle the load, I had to put in 1" and in Sacramento CA I had to use 1 1/2" line. I have used Grizzly, Viking and other ranges and stoves in places before and I love the commercial Grizzly for my own home. Just remember that if you want the professional quality and heat then you have to go with the professional range. If you have a pro range than you have to have bigger pipe, but it's well worth the extra bucks.

Hi SizzlininIn,
I have had my gas cooker for 18years now, and just love it, I am shortly having my kitchen re-done, and the gas cooker has to go, as it is a double oven, and one of the ovens no longer works ..I have looked after it like a baby , cleaned it every day, and it is as good as the day I bought it !boohoo !
They say all good things come to an end ! maybe I will hold a service for it as it passes out of the door ...
I will have to buy another gas cooker as I HATE electric ones..
Have a good day
VIV....

I have a SS 6 burner Viking. It's 10 years old (so says DW). Trouble free except I've replaced the electronic ignitors in the oven twice! It does all I ask of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom