What kind of soda do you drink?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What kind of soda do you drink?

• Regular - Pepsi, Coke, 7-up, etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diet

• Caffeine Free, Carb Free, and Sugar Free

• None

• Flavored - Vanilla Pepsi, Cherry Coke, etc

• Total voters

SierraCook

Master Chef
What kind of soda do you like to drink? I used to drink alot of Pepsi, but since I have had to cut out sugar, I have reduced the amount of sodas I drink. Also, I have switched to PepsiOne and SierraMist Free for when I get the urge to have a soda. Both which have no carbs, no caffeine, and no sugar (at least the real kind).

I drink diet soda religiously...right now I can't get enough Diet Root Beer, Fresca, Diet Ruby Red Squirt, and Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

But I read somewhere that Coke is going to make my favorite (that I haven't touched in 2 years) Classic Coke with Splenda!!! Woo-Hoo!!!!

I don't like any of the cola type drinks - even when I was a child, they were too 'gassy' for me 8)

I don't drink soft drinks very often - but when I do, I drink a local Scottish drink called Barr's Irn Bru (their slogan is 'Made in Scotland, from girders!)

http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/

We never have pop (soda) in this house. We drink iced tea. I 've been through three tea makers in the last year :shock:

i drink cotton club less sweet ginger ale more often than not.
caffeine-free pepsi and caffeine-free coke are really good, too.

How do you all feel about diet drinks? I feel both are bad for you but if you just have to drink them I persaonally feel drinking something that has added chemicals in them is definitely something to be aware of. I don't like to throw cold water on this thread but just my opinion. I drink the soda that has been around all the time. They suppliers are trying to make you keep buying it so they adjust to your scheme of keeping slim. Anything that has been altered may not be the best. I just feel too many chemicals allowed is more than the body can keep up with. Margerine is one of many I pass up. I drink tea, coke, Red Bull, and water. I am not perfect the way I would like but try to be cautious of overdoing anything. Unless I am upset. Then who cares?

You guys are killing yourselves! Nearly all those soft drinks contain Aspartame - especially the "sugar-free" ones.

The reason it is so widely used is that it is cheaper than sugar, NOT because it is more "healthy"!

I quote "Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods."

For further details see:

http://www.curezone.com/foods/aspartame.html

and:

http://www.liquidtodd.com/newsandviews/bittersweet.html

or enter "Aspartame" into Google (or your seach engine of choice).

I would rather rain on the parade of this thread than let folks damage their health for want of friendly advice.

I would rather rain on the parade of this thread than let folks damage their health for want of friendly advice.

keen kook, do I appreciate your comment. You are so wise. That is exactly why I wrote it. My son does berate me when I tell him I want to 'try' it. He seems to get so angry that he tells me to tape my mouth shut if I don't want to eat right. He is so adament about health. Probably sees too many people overweight and simply their own fault. Aspartame is the chemical I was talking about. There are others too numerous to mention. Rather than drink anything all the time, I remind myself to drink water in between. We don't even drink low fat milk due to the fact he believes it is altered in wrong way. Also read that if you melt butter and add equal amount of olive oil much better than just pure butter.

Thanks again for supporting what I said.

I usually do not drink any soft drinks, however I do have a coke (not pepsi) a couple times a year but must have it with a wedge of fresh lime in it. Usually it is lots of water, Coffee, lemon or lime ade, sometimes tea, and wine with dinner or sometimes a microbrew ale.

norgeskog said:
I usually do not drink any soft drinks, however I do have a coke (not pepsi) a couple times a year but must have it with a wedge of fresh lime in it. Usually it is lots of water, Coffee, lemon or lime ade, sometimes tea, and wine with dinner or sometimes a microbrew ale.

Way to go! Sounds pretty good to me, especially 'lots of water'. Keep it up girl. Wine with dinner sounds nice too. What kind of microbrew? Is it sold here?

I'll admit I'm addicted to the flavored stuff, like Cherry Pepsi, Cherry Coke, Pepsi Twist, etc. I haven't tried the new Coke with Lime juice yet, but I'm not surprised, as the diet coke w/ lime is an old trick to make the diet stuff taste better. I guess Coca-Cola Inc. finally figured that trick out and decided to market it. Pepsi did it years ago with Pepsi Twist (lemon-flavored)

I try to limit how much I drink. I don't guzzle the stuff anymore, like I used to.

I can get my caffeine fix from coffee in the morning, and usually do. But, I need the carbonation fix as well. Heck, I can be happy with soda water in that respect.

In the Kitchen said:
norgeskog said:

Way to go! Sounds pretty good to me, especially 'lots of water'. Keep it up girl. Wine with dinner sounds nice too. What kind of microbrew? Is it sold here?

I live in Oregon which is full of microbrew? My fave is Mirror Pond which is made by the Deschutes Brewery, it is a light ale. There are several restaurants/brewerys here in Eugene and they have great microbrews. One is called Ruby which is a light pinkish color, it is lightly seasoned with unsweetened raspberries and it is awesome. They restaurant makes cheesecake out of the Ruby and out of their stout. Believe it or not, the cheesecakes are wonderful. Where are you located????

I used to be a hard core Coke drinker but when I switched to diet, I liked the taste of Pesi better. Although I did try the Diet Coke with Lime and I thought it was pretty good.

wasabi said:
I used to be a hard core Coke drinker but when I switched to diet, I liked the taste of Pesi better. Although I did try the Diet Coke with Lime and I thought it was pretty good.

I prefer coke, when I drink soda, because Pepsi seems to sweet to me.

I have to stay away from Caffene and sugar so I drink Diet Ginger Ale. A 6 pack lasts for several months.

Beer!
Don't tell my doctor, he'll go crazy.

If I haven't any beer or going flying, then Coke will do.

Coffee is the heartstarter, & the occasional pure fruit juice.

Steer clear of water, because fish do dirty things in it! :shock: :shock: :LOL:

Coke all the way, Pepsi if I must. I've done everything to make Coke unappealing, like picturing all kinds of nasty things floating in it, but it's still my comfort food from childhood. I had lots of stomach ailments and illnesses and my daddy would bring me Coke syrup from the pharmacy to calm my tummy. Still does the trick unless I overindulge. It's the only cold drink I can tolerate unless I drink it at night with a rich dinner. Then I'm cooked...

More than you wanted to know?? Sorry!!! :oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom