What to have with my jerk pork tenderloin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ncage1974

Senior Cook
Already have a pork tenderloin in a jerk marinade in the fridge. Any recommendations on what to have with it that would be good? I thought maybe a nice mango/pineapple salsa + Brown Rice. Any other recommendations? Course this meal is on my health kick and with that in mind would like to keep it healthy.

thanks,
Ncage

Some kind of greens? either as a salad or quickly sauteed, swiss chard, spinach, hearts of romaine (grilled?)...

Tortalini salad with pesto dressing,and topped with chopped tomatoes.Not healthy really but it tstes great. A big salad of mache greens with herbs, tomatoes, slice sweet vidalias,avocado. along withgrilled veggies a favorite here, we just brush them with balsamic,evoo,salt and pepper.
kadesma

How about some tomatoes with cucumbers and mint? Or grilled tomatoes? Or diced tomatoes with a bit of paprika.

I like tomatoes. :rolleyes:

For dessert, maybe some stone fruit, halfed with the stones removed and grilled.

~Kathleen

Sorry people for not checking in sooner. All were great ideas and everything sounded good. I might have to try the french fries w/ jerk sauce next time (though not very healthy). I ended up trying the grilled romain hearts. I have never tried grilled romain hearts before but seen it done plenty of times on TV. I really didn't think it could be all that good but i tried it anyways. I just put a little EVOO + Salt + Pepper on it. I tried the following dressing from paula deen:
Avocado Dressing Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network

I did make some minor changes to the dressing:
Low Fat Mayo
Low Fat Sour Cream
twice the avacado
+Cilantro

Also i had to think the dressing out quite a bit. It was quite thick. I added between 3/4-1 cup of water.

This salad was awesome. I definitely will make again.

Back
Top Bottom