What was for breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Just introduced myself in that section, newbie today.
In reading this question of what was for breakfast, I had 3 breadsticks with pasta sauce. Yep, embarrassed to admit it, but that's the truth. I asked my husband if he wanted me to pack him lunch for today. I'd made a long slow cooking chili yesterday as it rained all day. He informed me he didn't have a way of heating up the chili nor the breadsticks so he was passing. That's why I ate them instead.

Happy Tuesday :P

LEFSElover said:

Just introduced myself in that section, newbie today.
In reading this question of what was for breakfast, I had 3 breadsticks with pasta sauce. Yep, embarrassed to admit it, but that's the truth. I asked my husband if he wanted me to pack him lunch for today. I'd made a long slow cooking chili yesterday as it rained all day. He informed me he didn't have a way of heating up the chili nor the breadsticks so he was passing. That's why I ate them instead.

Happy Tuesday :P

Hiya Lefselover! :D Nice to meet you! Nothing wrong with breadsticks for breakfast.. you'll find that people like buckytom and some others have strange things for breakfast too!

that's my kinda breakfast lefselover. i rarely eat traditional breakfast foods. i'd rather sleep an extra nanosecond than get up to make something, so i eat leftovers and whatever i feed my birds.

ps-i thought of a good signature for you; "if lovin lefse's wrong, i don't wanna be right...."

I made chili last night and there was about 1/4 cup left, not enough for lunch SOOOOOO I made a chili and cheese omelette. It is now 6 hours later and I am still stuffed.

norgeskog said:
I made chili last night and there was about 1/4 cup left, not enough for lunch SOOOOOO I made a chili and cheese omelette. It is now 6 hours later and I am still stuffed.

you could have also made like a breakfast burrito..that would have been good too with sour cream!

Juliev said:
norgeskog said:

you could have also made like a breakfast burrito..that would have been good too with sour cream!

Now you tell me, and I have flour tortillas too, darn, it sounds like a good idea as I did not make toast. Thanks

Here's what my Picayune Creole Cook Book (1922) suggests:

Menu for Wednesday
BREAKFAST
Prunes or Iced Figs (in season).
Wheatena. Milk.
Broiled Tenderloin Trout, Sauce a la Tartare.
Potato Chips.
Broiled Ham. Scrambled Eggs.
French Toast. Butter.
Cafe au Lait.
The Daily Times Picayune.

mudbug said:
Here's what my Picayune Creole Cook Book (1922) suggests:

Menu for Wednesday
BREAKFAST
Prunes or Iced Figs (in season).
Wheatena. Milk.
Broiled Tenderloin Trout, Sauce a la Tartare.
Potato Chips.
Broiled Ham. Scrambled Eggs.
French Toast. Butter.
Cafe au Lait.
The Daily Times Picayune.

everything sounds great except for the prunes and the wheatena :shock: . I think they would have bad after-effects on me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom