What was for breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was at my other house for the night. I wanted to avoid the scheduled power outage at my regular home.

Friends who stayed there last week left a nearly full box of frozen waffles. Now I know why they left the waffles. They were HORRIBLE!! The horrible brand is Krusteze. There is no way to make them taste decent.

Sunday 11/07/04 Cultus Lake, British Columbia Canada 1000 PST

The Best!

Husband cooked sasuage in cast iron frying pan with fried onions, fried eggs, sliced tomatoes and cukes, whole wheat toast and hot tea.

Roaring fire, pouring rain outside and Sunday football about to start.

Perfection!!

Wetcoast said:
Sunday 11/07/04 Cultus Lake, British Columbia Canada 1000 PST

The Best!

Husband cooked sasuage in cast iron frying pan with fried onions, fried eggs, sliced tomatoes and cukes, whole wheat toast and hot tea.

Roaring fire, pouring rain outside and Sunday football about to start.

Perfection!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh another canadian! :D and that sounds yummy!!

We hardly ever have breakfast, since we are always in a hurry to get to work or church, but we didn't feel well this morning and stayed home. So this morning (well, just after noon since we slept late then watched TV in bed for awhile) we had bacon and tomato sandwiches. We didn't have any lettuce or we would have had BLTs. 8)

:) Barbara

Toasted two pieces of bread, "scrambled" an egg in the microwave, put mayonnaise on the toast, added the egg and a slice of roast beef lunchmeat and made a sandwich of all that. Drank some orange juice and had coffee. Yum, yum.

i had leftover london broil, shprinkled with powdered garlic and cayenne, on lavash with melted american cheese, and a few beers.

it was really dinner since i had to do an emergency midnight to 8am shift.

We had these things called Nun's Puffs, banana-berry smoothies, & coffee. The Nun's Puffs & the smooties came from Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book.

Nun's Puffs
Prep: 25 min
Bake: 30 min
Oven temp: 375F
Makes: 12 puffs

1/2C. butter
1C. milk
3/4C. all-purpose flour
4 eggs
1Tbsp. sugar
Honey(optional)

1- Generously grease twelve 2 1/2 inch muffin cups, including the edge & around the top of each cup; set aside. In a medium saucepan, melt butter; add milk. Bring to a boil. Add flour all at once stirrinf vigorously. Cok & stir until mixture forma a ball that does not seperate. Remove from heat & cool for 5 minutes.

2- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating for 1 minute with a wooden spoon after each addition or until smoothe. Divide dough evenly among prepared muffin cups, filling cups about 2/3 full; sprinkle with sugar.

3- Bake in 375F oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown & puffy. Remove from pan. Serve immediately with honey if desired.

Banana-Berry Smoothies
Start to finish: 10 min
Makes: 3 or 4 servings

2C plain fat free yogurt
2 ripe medium bananas
1C. sliced fresh or unsweetened frozen strawberries
1C. mixed fresh of unsweetened frozen mixed berries(I used blueberries & raspberries this morning)

In a blender, combine yogurt & fruit. Cover & blend until pureed. If desired, top with a few fresh berries.

Back
Top Bottom