Whatcha Makin? 8-11-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
Our last planned meal is tri-color pasta with Italian sausage and zucchini. That is if we don't do something else.:ermm:

Bot sure. I didn't go shopping. DD may bring home pizza crusts. I have all the toppings prepped in freezer.

Sweet Italian sausages on the grill, corn on the cob. I have the fixin's for a green salad and caprese salad, and also a couple of tomatoes for roasting. I'll let Mrs. T decide.

I boiled a single potato with the intention of making a mini potato salad. But then I ate it while talking to a friend on the phone. :rolleyes::ermm:

Have the last couple of slices of frozen chicken & mushroom pie (Pres. Choice- darn good!) in the toaster oven.

DH has gone golfing with friends this evening. Not sure whether he's going to dinner with them or not. I'm planning on making a BBLT (BLT with basil) and a caprese salad for dinner. Or, if he decides to eat here, maybe I can get him to go a couple miles past our house and pick up some Greek food for dinner ;)

Our pasta.

Attachments

• 2017-08-11 17.28.58.jpg
    2017-08-11 17.28.58.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 131
A bowl of Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup with crumbled saltine crackers. Pirate made himself a cheeseburger and the sweet potato I made yesterday, sautéed in butter. Of course he had hot sauce on everything he eats lately.

I fired up the charcoal grill and made some bbq chicken. I used Sweet Baby Ray's sauce. I also made some beans on the grill with some sliced up jalapenos in them for a kick. And I made some potatoes and onions in the oven.

Nice, colorful dish, med!

After taking inventory, I decided today would be the day to use up our mushrooms. We split a five-egg omelet that gave me the chance to use up the Fontina cheese, plus some of the Havarti that will be gone by the time we leave. Fried up potato cubes, cooked a link of sweet apple sausage for each of us, and added half a tomato to each of our plates for color. Also made a fruit salad with cherries, blueberries, nectarines, and an orange.

Attachments

• 20170811_205404.jpg
    20170811_205404.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 101
Today it was waffles (Annie Frankenstein's Amazingly Good ones) with sliced strawberries for breakfast; dinner was Shrimp Scampi over linguini. I have to say that just yesterday I had resolved to start trying a Plant-Based diet. I guess I meant I'd start on Monday.

Today it was waffles (Annie Frankenstein's Amazingly Good ones) with sliced strawberries for breakfast; dinner was Shrimp Scampi over linguini. I have to say that just yesterday I had resolved to start trying a Plant-Based diet. I guess I meant I'd start on Monday.

A lot of our meals are plant based. After all, the beef was grass fed.;)

Mom had a BLT, and I had a baked potato with sliced tomatoes and cucumbers. We both had watermelon for dessert. Our local Farm Fresh had the seedless watermelons for $2.99 each (until Tuesday). Think we will stop Tuesday after my Dr appointment and get another one when I stop to pick up some squash.

I made pepper spray in a skillet last night.

I often sauté various vegetables together with a little spice. Last night was onion, celery, carrot, potato, jalapeno and cilantro with freshly toasted and ground cumin and coriander. Maybe I used a little more cumin and coriander than normal and didn't cut out the jalapeno seeds and pith as usual, but that doesn't explain why it just exploded like a pepper spray bomb in the frying pan. Tears were squirting from both eyes like in a cartoon. Mucus poured out my nose, and I was wracked with a coughing fit from which recovery seemed doubtful.

It tasted ok if a little hotter and undercooked. I just wish I knew what happened so I could make sure it never happens again, --- or maybe sell the recipe to Homeland Security.

Couldaswore i posted this last night but don't see it anywhere today. If it is posted twice I apologize.

Forget the gubmint, sell this to those people making big bucks off the personal protection devices! That is scary, I wonder what happened.

Back
Top Bottom