Whatcha Makin? 8-11-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made pepper spray in a skillet last night.

I often sauté various vegetables together with a little spice. Last night was onion, celery, carrot, potato, jalapeno and cilantro with freshly toasted and ground cumin and coriander. Maybe I used a little more cumin and coriander than normal and didn't cut out the jalapeno seeds and pith as usual, but that doesn't explain why it just exploded like a pepper spray bomb in the frying pan. Tears were squirting from both eyes like in a cartoon. Mucus poured out my nose, and I was wracked with a coughing fit from which recovery seemed doubtful.

It tasted ok if a little hotter and undercooked. I just wish I knew what happened so I could make sure it never happens again, --- or maybe sell the recipe to Homeland Security.

Couldaswore i posted this last night but don't see it anywhere today. If it is posted twice I apologize.

I don't mean to make light of your problem, but I do want to thank you for a really good laugh just when I needed it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not yet..lol....they are finally putting it in this week..what a long, strange trip it's been....

My son was also remodeling his kitchen. What was supposed to be a 3 week job turned out to be 4 months and I think there are still some things left to be done. About the only part that went smoothly was tearing everything out... at least they didn't screw that up!

Back
Top Bottom