What's 4 dinner Wednesday, 3/7/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
1. center cup pork chops, egg, buttermilk, then maple sugar and white fine grind corn meal with salt and pepper, lightly fried.
2. giant baker his with sour cream, butter, cheddar cheese and bacon, mine with salsa and ff cottage cheese.
3. butternut squash baked with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
4. romain lettuce and sliced toms with olive oil and balsamic, and PD's House seasoning.
5. He'll have NY Times bread with butter, I won't.
6. Those chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting he'll have and I'll have sliced grapefruit.
7. Pepsi him, Perrier me.

How bout you............

American date formats still throw me! Silly me - I was thinking you were HYPER organised planning July meals, hehehehe.

Somethig was not good with supper last night, DH and I were both filling a bit iffy first thing, although there is a lot going on so could be stress rather than my cooking.

In any case, I think I'll keep it simple. We still have some filled pastas I bought left, so I think we'll have them "in brodo" and I'll eat raw through today :)

pan fried steak with a coarse Champ, I`m undecided about the veg at the moment though???

LEFSElover said:
1. center cup pork chops, egg, buttermilk, then maple sugar and white fine grind corn meal with salt and pepper, lightly fried.
2. giant baker his with sour cream, butter, cheddar cheese and bacon, mine with salsa and ff cottage cheese.
4. romain lettuce and sliced toms with olive oil and balsamic, and PD's House seasoning.
6. Those chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting he'll have and I'll have sliced grapefruit.

How bout you............

WOW that sounds good!!!!:chef:
I am defrosting Chicken/chorizo chili that I made last week and will make polenta with it(Rachael Ray's idea) and I have some mushrooms and peppers that have to be used for I'll fry them up too! Love and energy,Vicki

Yes, LEFSElover, sounds delish!

I am searing some cubed chicken breast and tossing with cooked pasta, then baking it in the oven with a sauce made from sour cream, cheddar cheese, salsa and chili seasoning. Simple dinner served with garlic bread.

I'm attempting to cook spaghetti carbonara for the first time - should be easy as the recipe is really simple.

Repeat of last night, still have bbq. pork left, so hot toasted sandwiches, cole slaw and fries.

Change in plans, Son came for lunch, made him two BBQ Pork sandwiches!
I have leftover roasted chicken, so we will be having Creamed Chicken over biscuits, green beans and cole slaw.

Last edited:
LEFSE, can I come over? We're having a smorgasboard of anything and everything leftover in the fridge that's been cooked or bought this week. I'm going to be in and out all day, so no time to heat up the stove ...

LEFSElover said:

How bout you............

Oh....this is one of my favorite vegetables. I like to cut them in 1/2, scoop out the seeds, make deep slice marks into the flesh then put pieces of margarine on it, sprinkle on kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and then sprinkle generously with brown sugar and top with slices of raw bacon. It can be cooked in a 350 degree oven till fork tender or microwave.

I'll have to give your combo a try.

Were the cupcakes the ones Barefoot Contessa made recently? I saw her making those and thought about giving them a try.

Last edited:
It's going to be another hot day here, so I want to keep it light -- Chinese chicken salad with mandarin oranges and a fruit cup/bowl of honeydew, cantaloupe, red & green grapes.

Mediterranean Crusted Steaks
Roasted Asparagus
Creamy Sourcream & Chive Mashed Potatoes

I've been on a real dessert kick lately. I recently a lemon curd tart topped with raspberries that looked so good....the crust was phyllo pastry.... and it looked so good. Anyway, thats what I want to attempt today. I've never worked with phyllo pastry before so this is going to be fun.

Last edited:
Nice! and good luck :)

I`ve never tried the dough myself (not that Brave) I buy the factory made Phyllo Pastry though, and if you work Quickly with it and rem to keep a damp towel over the pastry all should go well, it`s also pretty good Substitute for Sping rolls or Samossa or even Wonton (fried) Wrapers :)

and I`ve finaly decided on the Veg... we`re not having any, Just extra Champ instead :)

YT2095 said:
Nice! and good luck :)

I`ve never tried the dough myself (not that Brave) I buy the factory made Phyllo Pastry though, and if you work Quickly with it and rem to keep a damp towel over the pastry all should go well, it`s also pretty good Substitute for Sping rolls or Samossa or even Wonton (fried) Wrapers :)

and I`ve finaly decided on the Veg... we`re not having any, Just extra Champ instead :)

Whoops I guess I goofed..........it must be called Phyllo Pastry then...because I know you have to work quickly, butter each sheet and keep the others covered with a damp towel.....my fault. Thanks for pointing it out YT as I was just going to be heading to the store soon and possibly would of grabbed the wrong thing. I best go back and edit.

Dinner here is pizza tonight. I don't know what they're serving at work but I wish it came with wine!:LOL:

crewsk, can I come over for dessert??!!

I'm having my own creation tonight, Adzuki Beans with Quinoa and Roasted Sweet Potato.

Got up early this morning and made a big crockpot of beef stew. Am going to have a mixed lettuce salad with the "Vidalia Onion Vinegarette Salad Dressing" from Sam's. OMIGoodness, do I like that dressing. Not sure about dessert yet.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom