What's been happening in my life (Beth's Story)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth, my heart aches for you. Know you are loved and we are all here for you. Thank you for sharing this journey that you have both been on. You are in my thoughts and my prayers.

Dearest Beth:

There really are no words at a time like this. Know that he will always be with you.

Sending you much love and many hugs. Take very good care of yourself, and understand that the grief process takes a very long time. And we are here for you, virtually, if not actually, for you to scream, cry, rant, whisper, whatever you need. You are not alone.

Love,
June

Beth, I know your heart is breaking right now. I'm glad you had someone there with you. May you take comfort in the memories of all you two have been through together. May God bring you peace.

I also am so very very sorry for your loss Beth. You are now starting a lonely new journey, no one is ever really prepared to take. Be very gentle with yourself. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this most difficult time.

beth, this news brought me to tears. i have felt that you two were family. thank you for sharing this with us. beth's story is not over. be content with knowing you did everything you could for him. you made the last journey of his life with him. this kind of loss is almost overwhelming. we care for you and we cared for your husband.

i 'm heartly sorry for your loss, beth. the love you shared is a beauty so many of us can only hope to know.
you were blessed to have each other, and may god continue to bless both of you until you are together again with the one.

I am one of you prayer reinforcements. You don't know me particularly; I joined DC a few months ago, but your story and your generosity in sharing it touched me. I am praying for you. My husband died suddenly just over 3 years ago, so I have some inkling of what you are going through.

Thank you all for your words of comfort.

How am I doing? It changes by the day. It is actually getting worse for me. Rich died one week ago today and the reality of his absence is slowly dawning on me. I am quite busy with duties around the house and grounds, and have just started the paperwork trail regarding his death. I don't have a death certificate yet, so activities will pick up when I receive that. I am blessed to have so many family members who have various specialties. I will start working with a cousin who just passed his test to be a Certified Financial Planner, is that luck or what :)?

This grief thing is a long process. I am enrolled in a 6 week grief support group that starts June 30th. That seems so far away, but grief support groups are rare in my area. This one is an hour drive for me. I have a lot of grief type work to do; this is not an easy thing to go through. I just wish time would pass more quickly and I would not be so sad.

Family and friends have been very helpful and call daily.

Beth: I hate to say it, but it does get worse before it gets better.

In the Jewish religion, we expect the Grief Process to take at least one full year. That doesn't mean one goes around in sackcloth and ashes, tearing one's hair and muttering, "Oh, Woe is Me," but that one should allow oneself to take the time to feel sad, cry, whatever, and to realize there is not a date when one should feel "fine" again (whatever "fine" is).

I don't expect you will ever stop missing him, but the intensity of it does lessen over time. Lots of time.

Be good to yourself, and find folks who will just listen to you, or just sit there in the same room. Try to find some new activities. Sometimes they can help lift you up. The Grief Group is a very good idea. I recommend it.

If there's ever anything I can do, or if you want to talk, feel free to contact me.
xoxo
June

Beth: I hate to say it, but it does get worse before it gets better.

In the Jewish religion, we expect the Grief Process to take at least one full year. That doesn't mean one goes around in sackcloth and ashes, tearing one's hair and muttering, "Oh, Woe is Me," but that one should allow oneself to take the time to feel sad, cry, whatever, and to realize there is not a date when one should feel "fine" again (whatever "fine" is).

I don't expect you will ever stop missing him, but the intensity of it does lessen over time. Lots of time.

Be good to yourself, and find folks who will just listen to you, or just sit there in the same room. Try to find some new activities. Sometimes they can help lift you up. The Grief Group is a very good idea. I recommend it.

If there's ever anything I can do, or if you want to talk, feel free to contact me.
xoxo
June

This is worth repeating Beth ~~ We are all here for you!! ~~ One day at a time...Slowly but surely...you will have peace.

beth, i am fifteen years out from the death of my husband. i still think about him most everyday. most of the thoughts are happy as i remember our lives together. i miss him, i wish he was with me. but that constant sense of despair and sadness is gone. you don't think so now, but it will be a long journey. one day you will realize life has gone forward and that you can be happy again. grieve as long as it takes. no matter what friends or relatives think. it is a process you have just begun. you are doing good things for yourself with the group to help you.

babe

beth, i am fifteen years out from the death of my husband. i still think about him most everyday. most of the thoughts are happy as i remember our lives together. i miss him, i wish he was with me. but that constant sense of despair and sadness is gone. you don't think so now, but it will be a long journey. one day you will realize life has gone forward and that you can be happy again. grieve as long as it takes. no matter what friends or relatives think. it is a process you have just begun. you are doing good things for yourself with the group to help you.

babe

(((hugs)))

I think that is how you know the grieving is over, but not the loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom