What's cookin' for Easter Dinner, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grilling sounds like the perfect solution for a beautiful day! It will also help to keep the house cooler, I hope.

We are having a traditional ham dinner today. Makes dinner easy and we can enjoy the great weather too.

Happy Easter to All!

For lunch, Ramen with surimi. Dinner will be more of the pork taco chili barbeque stuff I made yesterday. It had it's own flavor. The pork was nice and tender. Maybe with cheese and sour cream in crispy taco shells.:chef:

I'm invited to a friend's house for a ham dinner, and I don't have to bring anything! :rolleyes: (I did offer...)

...and NO DISHES TO WASH!!! :)

Grilled burgers and potato salad sounds good! I'll keep that in mind for later today.
Meanwhile, breakfast will quesadillas with monterey jack cheese and the pico de gallo I made last night.

Cobb salad, Conejo al Chillindron, baby carrots sautéed in butter, yellow rice, and, for dessert:

img_993246_0_199d214c702e97cf27fafb0ee6bc34f0.gif

Stuffed cornish game hens, baked sweet potatos, some kind of veggie - might try braised celery, gravy from drippings and "claufouti pie" - its an apple/cherry custard pie, smells divine (came from a magazine so I don't think I can publish the recipie here).

I've got the elbow macaroni cooling, the hard boiled eggs cooling, and the dressing made up for some macaroni salad. I'll be mixing that up soon. I'm thinking about throwing a rack of ribs on the grill for the meat.

Yep, just the two of us so I've got the ham enjoying the oven. Letting it cook low and slow all afternoon. Should be just about perfect by mealtime.

I made a sweet potato casserole yesterday that'll go in to finish baking about 30 minutes before serving time and we'll have the last of the Italian green beans from the freezer as another side.

Just finished putting the coconut buttercream icing and coconut on the Coconut Pineapple Cake we're having for dessert. Omigosh, the icing is to die for!!!!!

Just the two of us. DD, SIL and granddaughter live 3 hrs away. Just too long of a day in the car for an 18mo old and there is not a Monday holiday here so they have to do it in one day. :(
So.....we are having Salmon with brown sugar/smoke glaze. Creamed new potatoes and peas, and a salad of spring greens and strawberries or maybe pears.:rolleyes: DH's Rhubarb crisp with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

we had a dietz and watson ham for christmas that was outstanding, so i hope the one we're having today is as good.
also, grilled asparagus, steamed stringbeans, pierogies, farmer's cheese, polish potato salad, coleslaw, and polish rye bread.

dessert is a couple of mini fruitti di boscos.

Here is what I served today! The bunny rolls were a hit!

Attachments

• image-1801012939.jpg
    image-1801012939.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 251
Grilled chicken breast with provolone cheese sandwiches, grilled pineapple spears and oatmeal raisin cookies. oh yeah, and pound cake with macerated strawberries..

-Damien

Last edited:
I made the full works for dinner, Brown sugar & honey ham, scalloped potatoes, honey-butter carrots, asparagus, rolls and Babaka bread. For dessert, mascarpone cheesecake with strawberries or home-made chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

This was dinner.... oh, and we had some unexpected guests show up for dinner.

Attachments

• Dinner.jpg
    Dinner.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 193
  • my_plate.jpg
    my_plate.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 209
Grilled chicken breast with provolone cheese sandwiches, grilled pineapple spears and oatmeal raisin cookies. oh yeah, and pound cake with macerated strawberries..

-Damien

I've got pineapple on the grill, too :chef:

I made the full works for dinner, Brown sugar & honey ham, scalloped potatoes, honey-butter carrots, asparagus, rolls and Babaka bread. For dessert, mascarpone cheesecake with strawberries or home-made chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

This was dinner.... oh, and we had some unexpected guests show up for dinner.

Looks like you need to call the exterminator... you have a bad infestation. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom