What's Cookin', Good Lookin' ? 4/6 - Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We tried the Asopao recipe not because we wanted a Puerto Rican dish but because we wanted to make something using ground chicken we had in the freezer. lol Sorry for the confusion.

Hi, thanks. Have you ever tried recipes by Daisy Martinez? I have her book "Daisy Cooks".
No. Will check her out. Evelyn is authentic PR style although not chef level. For home cooking style she is spot on and covers most traditional PR recipes. The 2 I am having trouble finding good recipe for though are: bizcocho de novia and the PR style bread they use on sandwiches.

The PR bizcocho de novia that you find in panaderias. The one with sprinkles on it.
IMG_4598.jpgIMG_4599.jpg

The sandwich bread
IMG_4596.jpg

Last edited:
subbing puff pastry (rolled out thin-thin) for filo (.... it's a virus thing...) apple struedel
DW insists the T&T Vienna/Europe recipes are insufficiently sweet to the Ami tooth - technically I agree.

this is 3x Golden Delicious, diced, macerated in sugar/cinnamon/vanilla sugar + brandy soaked raisins. rolled up in one 'chunk' of puffed pastry sheet rolled veddy thin.

the upped - aka doubled - sugar to-taste causes a lot of juicification. I see a self-clean cycle in the oven's immediate future.....

IMG_0778.jpg

Back
Top Bottom