What's cookin' Mon. June 27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Hi all!! East west, home's best!! I'm home from a month long European trip..(Italy, France, Spain, Portugal and England) and needless to say the cupboard is bare here. I haven't cooked in a month, but sure had some memorable meals across the pond. I've sure missed you guys!
I need some home cooking inspiration before I hit the grocery store.
What's cookin' today?

Welcome back! You'll have to tell us all about your trip.

I'm off to an evening meeting so dinner is something out of the freezer.

Welcome home. Sounds like you had a great adventure. Make sure you tell us about the food while you were there. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Lunch was some leftover jerked chicken on a whole wheat bun with vidalia onion and lettuce. And of course, my trademark beer. I can get used to this unemployment thing. Beer with lunch.

I have been having a craving for home made french fries. So, it will be that with some chicken fingers. Maybe some cole-slaw. If I don't keep drinking the trademark beer.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
I'm hopefully making some semblance of a stir fry. I have some chicken, pork and beef left over. Not enough of any of it to make a meal for 2 so will cut it all up and saute in sesame oil then add some teriyaki sauce and serve over rice. Might throw in the half serving of green beans and the leftover mushrooms will go into mine. I didn't get the rice made yesterday so will not attempt to fry the rice.

Hi all!! East west, home's best!! I'm home from a month long European trip..(Italy, France, Spain, Portugal and England) and needless to say the cupboard is bare here. I haven't cooked in a month, but sure had some memorable meals across the pond. I've sure missed you guys!
I need some home cooking inspiration before I hit the grocery store.
What's cookin' today?

Welcome home! I missed you. I figured you must be back by now.

I'm sure you'll be busy for a couple of days, unpacking and shopping. but when you get some time, tell us all about it.

Cooking today is just some sloppy joes, I have enough salmon salad for one more sandwich. I'm all set for today, and tomorrow is shopping.

Welcome back, Kayelle! Glad you had a good time.

We were having a friend over for dinner tonight but that has been postponed because I have to take Dad for xrays and have no idea how long that will take. So, the pork roast will not get done. DH may have to start something or I will pick something up on my way back.

I found these all beef hot dogs that come 6 to the pound, so I am going to have one for lunch, on an Oroweat cracked wheat hot dog bun, which also come 6 to a pack. If I'm feeling energetic I'll drag out the deep fryer and make skinny fries, otherwise it'll be Lay's lightly salted potato chips. Beverage will be Coke Zero or Sprite Zero, and dessert will be a slice of Marie Callender's cherry pie. June is one of Marie Callender's Triennial pie sale months.

Supper will be C.O.R.N, and I have leftover pork loin, leftover shrimp scampi, and leftover Snapper Romana to choose from. If it's the pork loin, I'll add mashed potatoes, gravy and corn, and finish off the open bottle of Barbera d'Asti. If I choose the scampi I'll add penne rigatti and Chillean Viognier, and if I choose the snapper Romana I'll add steamed rice and an Italian Pinot Grigio

Hi Kayelle. I knew somebody was missing...

I think tonight I'll do this one pot kielbasa, potato, carrot, onion deal. It gets simmered in beer. And since I don't have any beer... I think I'll go get me some!

Welcome back Kayelle ... sounds like you had a faboulous vacation.

It's a beautiful day here and DH will fire up the grill tonight and cook some pork tenderloin that's marinating in an Asian style sauce ... soy, ginger, garlic, and veg. oil. Not sure yet about sides, maybe some rice or potato planks, but definitely a nice summer salad.
Enjoy the day:chef:

I found these all beef hot dogs that come 6 to the pound, so I am going to have one for lunch, on an Oroweat cracked wheat hot dog bun, which also come 6 to a pack. If I'm feeling energetic I'll drag out the deep fryer and make skinny fries, otherwise it'll be Lay's lightly salted potato chips. Beverage will be Coke Zero or Sprite Zero, and dessert will be a slice of Marie Callender's cherry pie. June is one of Marie Callender's Triennial pie sale months.

Supper will be C.O.R.N, and I have leftover pork loin, leftover shrimp scampi, and leftover Snapper Romana to choose from. If it's the pork loin, I'll add mashed potatoes, gravy and corn, and finish off the open bottle of Barbera d'Asti. If I choose the scampi I'll add penne rigatti and Chillean Viognier, and if I choose the snapper Romana I'll add steamed rice and an Italian Pinot Grigio

Sounds like nice choices. What is C.O.R.N.?

Change of plans.
I'm going to toss that kielbasa on the grill instead. I just picked up some sub rolls and will make a po boy type sandwich. I've got a hankerin' to crunch into some lettuce, pickle and tomato more than I do a Dutch oven meal. I'll grill some potato wedges to go along.

Chicken Ala King. I haven't had this since I was a kid.

Attachments

• Chicken-Ala-King.jpg
    Chicken-Ala-King.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 199
Since you were a kid, Mama?!
You're going to have to keep that dish in mind. That's like a staple around here and great in the winter, especially on biscuits or mashed potatoes. And I know GA has been seeing some snow the past couple of winters...
That's northern comfort food, lol.

Yep Pacanis....we won't talk about how many years ago it was :LOL:. I had forgotten all about it but we'll be having it more often now.

Broccoli soup made with the leftovers from yesterday's Italian grilled, with sliced mushrooms, leftover creamy Mexican chicken, half and half, Velveeta (blush), chicken broth, and a healthy squirt of Sriachi. DH proclaimed it excellent. Cleaning out the leftovers.

Pan Fried Scallops, Spicy Coleslaw, Alexis Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries. We already ate our dessert...Dark Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate/Orange Mousse and Dark Chocolate Ganache...OMG!!!! Bernice's Bakery in Missoula...don't go there...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom