What's Cooking? 8/30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pork Tenderloin (Air Fryer ; 370 / 14 minutes) on a bed of Sweet Chili sauce,
Tomato, Corn & Okra Blend, Potato & Sweet Pepper Dice....

Pork tenderloin - Air Fryer.jpg

Chili over brown rice topped with cheddar, sour cream and scallions.

chili_083021_IMG_8543.jpg

It'll be a Mixed Plate of Leftovers for us three this evening.
I have:

Scampi-style Shrimp
Teriyaki Salmon
Grilled NY Strip with Mushrooms
Hamburger Steak
Mixed Veggies
Chicken Salad (made this afternoon for lunch, but could be called up if need be)
1/2 pot of Steamed White Rice

I'll just heat everything up, put it out as buffet-style and it's every man for themselves.

Dessert later is a choice of fresh cubed Watermelon or the last two pieces of those Carmelitas.
:yum:

I had my book club meeting tonight. I hitched a ride with another member so I didn't have to drive after this morning's cataract surgery. I wasn't sure if I would be going, so I just brought along homemade peanut-butter cookies I had made last week. Everyone else brought nibbles and we sat outside. It was very nice.

I sliced up some leftover grilled chicken thigh meat and made some tacos, on flour tortillas with Monterey Jack cheese, and homemade salsa verde.

CD

Saw a write-up on using a waffle iron to cook falafel. So I did a search and chose a recipe.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/2...paign=email-share-recipe&utm_content=20210830

I halved it for two, used a whole egg rather than a white, and got three waffles. They take quite a bit longer to cook than the usual waffles and are more delicate— it takes some care easing them off the iron to a plate.

xipbmmp.jpg

Topped with masto khiar, a Persian yogurt salad with chopped cucumber, onion, and parsley. Glass of Cline viognier.

4eo3qBP.jpg

Didn't feel like cooking, so we each made sandwiches of ham, cheese, and lettuce on toasted whole grain rye and wheat bread. We had the last of the dolmades and a pickle each to go with that. DH had two sandwiches and I had some smoked salmon on crisp rye bread as my second "sandwich".

Back
Top Bottom