What's cooking Friday February 19, 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm planning beef stew (going to cook it stove top this time) for dinner. Sides may include a salad and corn on the cob.

I'm thinking of either making white bean and sausage soup, or following the instructions from Jacques Pépin for making a sausage supper en papillote. The instructions for the meal en papillote were in a short video on FB. I might decide I'm not up for cooking. I'll have to see how the postdrome from Wednesday's migraine is going.

We will be having breakfast for dinner. Have a craving for waffles and bacon.

Might have to make a pudding for later w/Netflix.

Ross

SO is off the FL again today to help care for her sister. I'll be eating leftovers tonight. Some roast chicken and egg and lemon soup.

Burgers Braised in an Italian Tomato Sauce, topped with Mozzarella, Air-Fries under the Sauce, Steamed & Buttered Carrots, Red Onion Slice...

Burgers, Italian.jpg

Orichette with roasted grape tomatoes, mozzarella pearls and pesto, with some garlic bread.

Attachments

• 2021-02-19 19.16.41.jpg
    2021-02-19 19.16.41.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 129
For us, it's an elite repeat night. Nuked corn and mash potatoes. Despite reheating the salisbury steaks slowly in a double boiler at a low temp, the burger mix seized and tightened up and got heavy. Well now we know --- cant' keep accusing long ago school lunches only served leftovers. The gravy sauce was good though.

And Hooray--- girl scout cookies arrived today. Grand daughter is a Girl Scout! Cookies were ordered on- line and delivered via UPS. I miss that we can't/ choose not/ to see them in person.

Beef stew and salad (with homemade peanut dressing).

salad_021921_IMG_7780.jpg

stew_021921_IMG_7783.jpg

We had garden salads followed by steamed broccoli, creamy mac and cheese, and tomato. Had I used a white cheese instead of cojack (eith a little bit of Aldi melting cheese) the plate could have looked more like the Italian flag.
IMG_20210219_203511059.jpg

I'm thinking of either making white bean and sausage soup, or following the instructions from Jacques Pépin for making a sausage supper en papillote. The instructions for the meal en papillote were in a short video on FB. I might decide I'm not up for cooking. I'll have to see how the postdrome from Wednesday's migraine is going.
I made the supper en papillote. I didn't have any 'shrooms, but added some sunchoke. We will definitely do this again. It was really good. I will put more vegis another time.

Here's a link to the video. You don't need a FB account to see it.

https://fb.watch/3LQDP0F8py/

Attachments

• PXL_20210219_233244207 snall.jpg
    PXL_20210219_233244207 snall.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 51
  • PXL_20210219_233646843 small.jpg
    PXL_20210219_233646843 small.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
We had pork belly bao buns, with daikon, carrot, peanuts, hoisin, scallions, pickled watermelon.
I make them so often that I didn't think to take a pic.

Back
Top Bottom