What's Cooking March 3, 2014?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
My major shopping for the month is done.

I got a gorgeous pork picnic, 7.8# that's in the oven at 275°, braising in beer. I'll probably make some broccoli in cheese sauce to go with it, and some garlic mashed potatoes.

What have you got cooking today?

I'm pretty sure Mrs. D took out a couple of steaks this morning. Those will get BBQ'd and served with roasted fingerling potatoes and sauted mushrooms in a cream sauce.

Pork tenderloin roasted on a bed of sliced granny smith apples, onions and fresh sage leaves, a green bean dish with stewed tomatoes and onion and mashed potatoes. I will make a sauce from the pan drippings.

I think we're going to do spaghetti and garlic bread with salads. It's really icy and snowy here today so some comfort food is called for.

I just put a boneless chuck pot roast (in a LeCrueset) into the oven for dinner tonight. Later I'll add some veggies and make a batch of mashed potatoes.

I decided on one last round of winter comfort food to go with the snow. Used up leftover turkey, gravy, peas, carrots corn, and a pie crust from the fridge and made a sort of turkey pot pie. I say sort of because it is in a baking dish and not a pie plate.

If it turns out I'll post some pics.

Pork tenderloin - not sure how I am going to cook it yet, or what to put with it - it will depend on whether I can shake this headache or not.

Made the Sicilian Spaghetti Bake tonight. It says it feeds 5. How BIG are these five? :ermm: I had planned on fitting everything in my largest pie plate. Ended up putting 60% of it in the plate, another 40% in a casserole dish that went right into the freezer after assembling. We still have nearly half of the larger plate and, ultimately, should end up with 7-8 generous servings. We pretty much liked it, but I will make adjustments to the original recipe to make it something we'll love. Until then, I won't have to cook for two meals. ;)

I made myself a fresh spinach salad with chopped pecans, fresh blackberries, green onion, broccoli sprouts and Asian Sesame Dressing. I had my large protein meal at lunch time.

Leftover broccoli cheese soup, and a cup of Cheerios with half and half.

DA wasn't feeling well, so I made my chicken soup for her and she had TWO bowls of it!! I am so very happy!

She has been tired lately but her appetite was good today. She only wanted her soup, and so I had a bit of fruit with mine: a cut up pear, a cut up red grapefruit, and a cut up honey crisp apple.

Honey crisp apples are my very favorite apples!

With love,
~Cat

As usual, I wasn't very hungry around dinner time and the pork tenderloin wasn't quite thawed, so TB had some leftover chicken and I made him an herb & garlic sauce for it, with salad and potatoes.

I had some more Chinese food and some fruit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom