What's cooking this fine weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
What's everybody cooking this fine weekend? I've got nothing planned, maybe rotising a couple of yardbirds Sunday. Larry, whats planned for the WSM, Finney spoke about cooking. Greg & Woody....well your on your own. How about the rest of you fine folks! It's not windy and cold all over this country!

Ribs,Ribs,Ribs :!: For the 500 on sunday :grin: . Hope it warms up though, 16 below with the wind chill this morning :eek:

Started last night with a 1 1/2 lbs Porterhouse and mushroom caps on the kettle. Later today it's pork in the WSM for pulled pork. Going to bring in a bunch for the peeps at work to eat. ABT's on the grill tonight or tomorrow night. And hopefully a chicken (or two) in there somewhere. 8-[

Hey Finney, can I get a job where you work?

You guys are making me soooo hungry! I really need to get Les talked into a WSM!

allie said:

You guys are making me soooo hungry! I really need to get Les talked into a WSM!

allie, it shouldn't be too hard, you just ahve to sit at the computer all day and type stuff for BBQ-4-U.

Woodman said:
Just refinished the bathroom walls. Now, onto Shrimp Creole!

Made a batch of that last week Woody...good stuff.

Not cookin' anything, just warming up some PP that's in the freezer for some sammiches during the race tomorrow.

Nick Prochilo said:
allie said:

allie, it shouldn't be too hard, you just ahve to sit at the computer all day and type stuff for BBQ-4-U.
Shhhhhhh! :-$
If that gets out... everyone will want to work there.

WSM is at 250*, pork at 95*. Two 10 lbs picnics, rubbed with WolfeRub. I injected with a secret potion :-# , one not.

Going to a race party tommarow..worked mids last night and again tonight, so gonna go with something fairly quick and easy....So far, Im doing choclate covered strawberrys (dipped in chocolate drizzeled with white choclate...). Not sure where that idea came from as Im really not a desert guy..just tired of the sos...

My buddy is smoking a prime rib which will be sliced and served in sandwiches...

Might just do an antipasta tray with salami, ham, homemade roasted peppers, anchovie stuffed cherry peppers, some sharp provolone cheese,
sliced tomatos, fresh mozarella....Crusty itialian bread on the side...

Or a pasta salad with lunch meats and cheese and some sort of itialian type dressing.....

Heading to the recipe section here for more ideas...

Oh yea, I almost forgot..jello shots !

Finney said:
Nick Prochilo said:
allie said:

WSM is at 250*, pork at 95*. Two 10 lbs picnics, rubbed with WolfeRub. I injected with a secret potion :-# , one not.

Great pics Finney! If, that is your real name.

Captain Morgan said:
Finney said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1mokt99q]
allie said:

Great pics Finney! If, that is your real name.[/quote:1mokt99q]
You were supposed to be here to take pictures. But you dis'ed me. =;

Chris....come on.....shoot the lock off your wallet and buy a freakin camera!

12.gif

Picnics are at 135*.
Seem to be cooking pretty quick so far.
I know they will so down, but geez.
I expected then to be on until tomorrow morning.
Now it looks like I'll be dealing with them in the wee hours, if not sooner.

Could somebody bring me some extra wide, heavy duty aluminum foil? I think I'm out.

Doing a butt tonight, wings and brats tomorrow.
Should be fun. The high of today... 5.
Expected low tonight .... -3 with wind -14.
If tomorrow's race was exciting as this afternoons Busch series.... should be a good one :(

ScottyDaQ said:
Doing a butt tonight, wings and brats tomorrow.
Should be fun. The high of today... 5.
Expected low tonight .... -3 with wind -14.
If tomorrow's race was exciting as this afternoons Busch series.... should be a good one :(
It might as well been a demolition derby =D> . Can't wait for tommorow 8-[

Back
Top Bottom