What's cooking this Sunday 8/27?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
I don't know what we'll be having for dinner tonight, something quick I'm sure. I did notice kadesma was online and I'm wondering what deliciousness she'll be making for Sunday dinner.

And how about the rest of you? Big dinner planned? Let's hear it and get my mouth salivating. :LOL:

Ma is making Bucky's limey timey chicken, 2 tomatoe tarts, rice cooked in chicken broth with added mushrooms, sauteed onions and garlic and a little chopped parsley,then finished with a little butter, sliced, breaded and fried eggplant, tossed green salad and garlic parmesan bread, the boys want green beans with butter so I'll do some of those too..Before dinner there is proscuitto wrapped around some cantaloupe and figs and a pate of just some mango chutney mixed with cream and cheddar cheese,sherry,curry, green onions and I'm going to top it with some chopped cashews, I sliced up some baguette to go with the pate. I made 2 strudels yesterday a peach and a cherry so that is dessert with ice cream..

kadesma:)

First Try on This

I got the arborio, got the chicken stock, got the parm, and nobody in my way -- so I'm ready to roll on making risotto for the first time later today. I may throw in some baby bella slices and some peas.

mudbug said:
I got the arborio, got the chicken stock, got the parm, and nobody in my way -- so I'm ready to roll on making risotto for the first time later today. I may throw in some baby bella slices and some peas.
Way to go mudbug:) I love risotto and so does the gang..Better lock the doors:LOL:

kadesma

We're out for dinner tonight. My daughter leaves for college tomorrow and the family is getting together to wish her well. I did make pasta with a pesto primavera sauce this morning so she has something to take with her, tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to a nice bottle of wine with dinner. It's kind of dreary for me today.

Pot roast with potatoes and carrots and Mississippi mud cake {ds birthday cake for tomorrow} for dessert.

We moved Kiersten back to college this am- it has been pouring all day!!I made a BIG pot of meatballs and sauce (gravy some would call it) with angel hair pasta and garlic bread- I ws just too tired to make the salad!!
All in all I wish I was at kadesmas' for dinner too!;)
Love and energy, Vicki

Your dinner sounds awfully good too, Vicki. I know you're supposed to have salad with spaghetti, but we seldom do. I don't like to get filled up too much for my pasta.

The only thing cooking here tonight is romance. We have leftovers for later.

:)

We had imitation crab, with stir fried garden veggies - cabbage, green bell pepper, carrots, yellow squash and oninons. Added a little sesame oil and grated ginger and soy sauce and served it over sticky rice.

Just finished eating - ate late due to lots of outdoor chores that were put off due to yesterday's heat/humidity. Today was still hot, but with a slight breeze & less humidity - YAY!!

So cooked up a box of Barilla Plus Rotini pasta (made from whole wheat & legume flours) & tossed it with a sauce consisting of a large bunch of fresh chopped & blanched broccoli raab, lots of chopped garlic, a large ripe diced local tomato, extra virgin olive oil, a package of Hans' Hot/Spicey All Natural Chicken & Fresh Cilantro sausages, sliced & a few dashes of crushed red pepper flakes & salt.

Delicious, & with plenty leftover for a couple of lunches this week!

VickiQ said:
We moved Kiersten back to college this am- it has been pouring all day!!I made a BIG pot of meatballs and sauce (gravy some would call it) with angel hair pasta and garlic bread- I ws just too tired to make the salad!!
All in all I wish I was at kadesmas' for dinner too!;)
Love and energy, Vicki
I wish you were here too Vicki, I'd let you help me chase down the 4 kids:LOL: After dinner of course!!! Your dinner sounds really good...Now, I'm thinking about making some meat gravy for pasta...Haven't done that in awhile so maybe sometime this week...The boys and Olivia, just kissed me goodby and asked what I was doing, then said to send you hugs:)

kadesma

Last edited:
It's Monday here but it's our day off.
We were having hot corned beef with cabbage, potatoes and pumpkin boiled in the C/B water with white sauce. I got up early, grabbed a piece of what I thought was corned beef out of the freezer, put it in the crock pot on low and went back to bed.

Checked it some hours later only to find it was a beef roast :blush: Now I don't know what we're having.

attie said:
It's Monday here but it's our day off.
We were having hot corned beef with cabbage, potatoes and pumpkin boiled in the C/B water with white sauce. I got up early, grabbed a piece of what I thought was corned beef out of the freezer, put it in the crock pot on low and went back to bed.

Checked it some hours later only to find it was a beef roast :blush: Now I don't know what we're having.

I know what you're having - beef roast! :ROFLMAO: Just fry that cabbage up in some bacon and still have your other stuff. Question - you mentioned pumpin boiled in C/B water with white sauce - I'm sure I'm going to make a fool out of myself but what is C/B water? :chef:

pssst, elfie, c/b water = corned beef water :)

i finally hit the wall, and passed out tonight. i tried to stay up all day. i got home form work about 10:30 this morning, took my boy to the bakery, then all of us went to the new jersey avaition hall of fame and museum, right in vb's neighborhood.
it was pretty cool, but it rained so hard it was difficult to see a lot of the outdoor displays and aircraft.
we had chicken hot dogs for lunch; then i had a buffalo burger with worcestershire sauce and ketchup on the bakery rolls around 4pm.
dw started making broiled chicken and some rice dish around 6, but that's the last thing i remember, except my son tugging at me several times, trying to get me to get up to play. i feel really bad not getting up for him, but i just couldn't stay up anymore.
thankfully, dw picked up the slack and let me sleep. gotta remember to pick up flowers and coffee in the morning. :)

so now, i'll probably go to up to big nick's burger and pizza joint on 77th and broadway, or empire szechuan/kyoto on 76th and columbus for dinner.
i

buckytom said:
i finally hit the wall, and passed out tonight. i tried to stay up all day.

bucky, I totally understand how you feel. Every once in awhile at work I have stayed up for over 24 hours usually when we have a forest fire on the Tahoe NF. I do OK until I stop. Then like you I am done for. Get some good sleep tonight or in the morning if you have to work again tonight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom