What's cooking this Sunday 8/27?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
pssst, elfie, c/b water = corned beef water :)

Thanks for being gentle bucky! I never would have guessed that. So, I can assume the pumpkin is in place of the new potatoes that I normally put in. I've never boiled pumpkin like that - is it good? Well, of course it's good because people wouldn't be doing it otherwise - so, what can it be compared to? A sweet potato?

Sounds like a fun day bucky, even though it was sleep deprived.

We haven't had dinner yet. We got home about 8:30. Callum was ready for bed but I put the kids to sleep together so we had to wait for Aidan to eat first. How can it possibly take 10 minutes to eat a half a piece of toast?

glad to help elfie. aren't i always gentle? ...mwahahaha. :cool:

cora, it was fun. there was a lot of war planes, and helicopters, and a m*a*s*h* exhibit. i kept running, er, i mean ryan kept running from plane to plane, even with the downpour.

sc, i've been able to stay up for about 4 days without sleep, but that's my limit. i start seeing dead people. oh wait, wrong thread. this isn't the haunted one, is it? i need some sleep.
i'm working tonight, will be busy with yard work all day tomorrow. back into work tomorrow night, then getting my hair cut tuesday morning, going to costco in the afternoon.
i'm sceduling some sleep for wednesday, i think.

VeraBlue said:
My daughter leaves for college tomorrow... It's kind of dreary for me today.
... my "nest" is empty but I'm learning to enjoy it!!! Both daughters live in town - one still in college, one out in the world -- but they live together in an apartment with one other roommate and we see them often. Sunday night at the apartment is becoming a habit... and tonight we had a great meal with a few extra friends -- mostly engineered by my younger daughter... Honey Mustard Chicken, Spanish Rice and a salad with Romaine, apples, pears, pecans, blue cheese, dried cranberries. All I did was a little chopping to help things along, but mostly sat back, drank the wine, played Trivial Pursuit and enjoyed.

Is it your daughter's first year at college?

kitchenelf said:
I know what you're having - beef roast! :ROFLMAO: Just fry that cabbage up in some bacon and still have your other stuff. Question - you mentioned pumpin boiled in C/B water with white sauce - I'm sure I'm going to make a fool out of myself but what is C/B water? :chef:
Not at all, we call things different here. Buckytom sorted it out. Another favourite is to cook ox tongues the same way, peel them while they are still hot, compress them in a food press and when they set slice them for cold meat.
The cabbage and bacon idea is spot on but that boiled lump of beef hasn't got much flavour, might just slice it and fry it with a bit of onion and put some gravy over it. If they're hungry, they'll eat it:)

Last edited:
Lunch was a beef dip with "whatever is in the kitchen" salad, with a citrus vinegrette. Dinner, however, is what I do at work, and it was insane! Roast turkey with stuffing, mashed, pan gravy and buttered sting beans was the special, sold alot of them, but they kept insisting on ordering those d$#% clubhouses. I am surprised that I even have the energy to type. Even my fingers hurt.:(

Back
Top Bottom