What's everyone cooking for the long weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I picked up two 7lb turkey breasts and am gonna pick up a pack of spares from BJ's on the way home. What are ya'll cooking???

My BBQ guru & thermometer arrive today so I'll probably experiment with that and the lump charcoal in the WSM. I'll probably try a long cook like a pork butt for some pulled pork sammies NC style with cole slaw.

Butt and chicken for a vending event to raise money for the Red Cross, with any luck we should be able to raise another $10K.
Jim

Finney said:
jminion said:
Butt and chicken for a vending event to raise money for the Red Cross, with any luck we should be able to raise another $10K.
Jim
That sounds like some event!
Did they see your last set of score before asking you to do this? LOL 8-[

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

Finney said:
jminion said:
Jim

Were they as bad as yours? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm cooking 8 pork butts and 54 slabs of loin backs for the Vermont National Guards. We are having a golf tournament for the Green Mountain boys. The largest deployment of Vermonters are going to Iraq and it our honor to have a fun day and cook for them and there families. I hope the weather holds out.

Rich Decker
www.lostnationvt.com

Bruce B said:
Finney said:
jminion said:
Jim

Were they as bad as yours? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Almost 8-[
Easy there 'Big en'. Put the pistols away.
Minion knows he's the 'Top Dog' here... and he can handle a little rib'n.
It was a joke Bruce. you know... Humor. Okay... maybe you don't.

"Does anybody remember laughter?" Robert Plant :!: (not Bruce)

I was set to do a case of butts 6 racks of ribs and a couple of briskets this weekend. Then came Tammy. Cooking for fun ain't no fun in the rain. Maybe next week.

Good Q!

Jack

Back
Top Bottom