What's for breakfast ? #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crewsk, I hope you're feeling better. I made your overnight coffee cake this morning--it made the house smell so good! We'll be cutting into it in about 5 minutes so I'll let you know how it turned out. I thought DH was going to cry when I told him he couldn't have any because it was for a work breakfast! I might do it for C-mas morning. It would be easy to pop in the oven during unwrapping gifts.

got a bug crewsk? sorry you're under the weather. hope you feel better soon.
another bear {{{{{{hug}}}}} for you to keep you warm.

i'm having leftover pizza from the overnight guys' holiday party, and italian cookies from brooklyn, yummmm, and russel stover candies.

Thanks PA & bucky!

PA, yes, please let me know how you like it. That's what we're having Christmas morning.

Bucky, I think it's a cross between a bug & not enough sleep for the past 2 weeks. Only 2 hours a night will catch up with you in a hurry. Thanks for the hug! :D

Crewsk, I just took my first bite and am swooning! It's so good. Very light and moist. Everyone was shocked it was prepped the night before. It can't get easier than this one--thanks again! :D

I've been struggling with sleep lately, too, so I can relate. I've been averaging 3-4 hours a night. I go through these phases. Woke up this morning with a horrendous migraine because of it. Hopefully I can catch up this weekend. Maybe you can get your kids to have a nap time this afternoon!

I'm glad everyone likes it! :D

I know that my daughter will take a nap & I'm praying my son will too. He only has a half day at school today so I'll be leaving in about an hour to go pick him up. I still have to get clothes washed & packed for them to spend the night with their nana & papa tonight while we go to hubby's work party then finish Christmas shopping. Maybe I'll have time to at least lay down for a little while.

Hey, Crewsk, we had talked about toasting the pecans for the coffee cake the other day, and I don't think I would. Since they're just sprinkled across the top, they have a nice toasted flavor and appearance just from baking. I'm afraid toasting them first would cause them to brown too much.

ok, i'm back. stepped out for a sec..
crewsk, i know what you're saying. i haven't had as much as a cold in 5 years, but now without sleep, i've been feelin really crappy twice this year so far.
sleep, what's sleep. i'll have time for sleep when i'm dead.

Yeah really, that's the way I feel right now about sleep. At least I'm productive while I'm up. I dusted & washed dishes last night/this morning. I'd rather get up & do something than lay in bed & toss & turn. I also made a batch of peanut butter cookies. The night before I made thumbprint cookies.

To be honest, I've never even made waffles before! :shock: We are going to learn together. It should be rather interesting! Oh, we have the real maple syrup! :twisted:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom