What's for breakfast ? #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wasabi, I did! I was so surprised. Savannah kept picking the rasins out of my granola while I was eating & TC was trying to get her to stop. It was so cute! He wanted everything to be perfect. I couldn't ask for better kids!

I toasted some breakfast bread (whole grain wheat with cranberries and walnuts) and had with cream cheese on top, coffee, and half a ripe juicy pair. Lunch was similar, crustini with sundried tomatoe spread and brie cheese, coffee and the other half of the pair. ALso some of the Lone Ranger Cookies I made yesterday.

crewsk said:
My kids fixed me breakfast in bed this morning after hubby left for work. It was peanut butter toas, a bowl of granola, & chocolate milk. :D

that's so sweet! what little sweet-peas.

crewsk said:
Wasabi, I did! I was so surprised. Savannah kept picking the rasins out of my granola while I was eating & TC was trying to get her to stop. It was so cute! He wanted everything to be perfect. I couldn't ask for better kids!

Crewsk, that's the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time! You must have been tickled pink! You and Matt are raising 2 good kids!

TC assembled a breakfast casserole last night & all I had to do this morning was slide it in the oven & cut up some fruit. So, along with the breakfast cass, we had a mix of oranges, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, & apples.

Crewsk, think TC would like to come visit PA for a week--I could use some help cooking for a change! :LOL:

It's great that he enjoys being in the kitchen so much. I bet it makes him--and you--feel really proud!

I'm sure he'd love to come visit! :LOL: Yes, it makes us both feel very proud!! I also love having him help. He's about the only person I get along with well in the kitchen. Savannah is more of a watcher right now unless I'm making bread, then she has to have some dough to knead too. When hubby got home from picking them up at my parents last night I heard TC in the kitchen pulling stuff out. Then he came & asked me if he could get our breakfast started. After he showed me the recipe & I told him yes he said that he'd come get me if he needed any help. And since the sharpest thing he had to work with was a pair of scissors(I keep a pair of blunt nosed scissors in the kitchen for him to cut some foods with)I didn't worry about him too much. The only thing he needed me for was to to tear a piece of plastic wrap off the roll & I even had trouble doing that! :LOL: He also put all his dirty dishes in the dishwasher when he finished. He's gonna make some lucky lady very happy one day! :LOL:

I think so too! :D He seems to always know when I need the most help! :D

Yes & no, my head isin't hurting anymore but I still have a bad cough, a good bit of chest congestion, & I'm sneezing like crazy, which makes my throat hurt. It's weird, I feel bad all day but at night I feel almost like normal. :?

That is strange--usually it's the other way around and you feel worse as the evening wears on.

Keep drinking your tea and take cough syrup! :)

My mom had bronchitis & that's the same thing that happened to her. She felt horrid during the day but felt pretty good at night.

The doc called in a prescription cough syrup for me yesterday & I started on it last night. It makes me very loopy!

I would sleep better when I'm on if it didn't make me have really wierd dreams(well, more wierd than normal anyway). Plus, I can't take it during the day because of picking TC up from school, it wouldn't be good if I feel asleep & forgot to get him. :LOL: So, dorung the day I'm just taking an OTC couch med.

BTW, I posted the recipe TC used for the breakfast cass in the eggs section.

gingerale and an oxycontin, and all these vitamins and mineral(?) supplements the dr. prescribed.

a pk. of plain instant cream of wheat (don't like the other kinds) w/ milk, blueberries, nectarine, and a couple of strawberries. gingerale.
the leftovers are gonna be my lunch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom