Whats for breakfast this sunday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
i think i'm gonna make some potato stuffed fried bread(parathas),and some shami kebabs(which i made a couple days ago and froze them).

That sounds good, I think it has made me really want potato soup now though:). Spice1133 have you ever had Orange Cake with Peanut Butter frosting ?

On Sunday morning I'm making a big breakfast. My husband is english and so here goes...

roasted potatoes, tomatoes, mushrooms, poached eggs, and bacon. Roast the veggies with some oil and rosemary ( we dont like rosemary so I'm using chives), he likes to add some HP sauce over his, but I dont like it.

Sunday Breakfast

Much of England will be having "A bacon butty" a thickly sliced smoked bacon sandwich with lashings of brown sauce in the North of the countryand tomato ketchup in the south.

Pass the cholestrol :chef:

Im kinda doing an early lunch. Taking a page from the book of Chocolate chef and serving stewed collard greens with big chunks of ham in them.

Besides that I just gave up on some ribs I had In the oven (gotta leave soon) and dropped them in my frying pan. I can hear them sizzling away so lunch will be ready any minute now.

Other than that Im angry at the roomie as usual. He decided to make a vinagrette for the salad and mixed some of our expensive balsamic with that $4 dollar wine I keep around for cooking so it wouldent taste too much like vinager. Geez...

Hubby & the kids made bluberry muffins & served me breakfast in bed this morning. I awoke to a plate of muffins & cup of coffee in my face. I thought I was dreaming!!:LOL:

crewsk said:
Hubby & the kids made bluberry muffins & served me breakfast in bed this morning. I awoke to a plate of muffins & cup of coffee in my face. I thought I was dreaming!!:LOL:
sweetkins, you must be an awesome hub and kiddos, you know that? when us kids were little Mom had to be GREAT to get breakfast in bed.

Last edited:
So what are you saying luvs? That I'm not great?:-p LOL!! Hubby is trying to be really nice right now because he's leaving Wednesday to go on a 4 day fishing trip with his dad. He's even taking Savannah to get her immunizations tomorrow morning.

oops, major typ-o, lol. i'm so embarrassed. i meant you must be a great Mommy, lol. forgive me for my idiocy.

hey, crewsk, what's TC's real name? your kids are really cute; even though we only have a side view of you, you're really pretty and the kids look just like you. savannah is so cute in her easter outfit but TC is like, 'give me a BREAK!', lol.

Thanks luvs! You're too sweet!! TC is short for Thomas Christopher, we couldn't decide what to call him before he was born & my MIL just started calling him TC & it stuck.

crewsk said:
Thanks luvs! You're too sweet!! TC is short for Thomas Christopher, we couldn't decide what to call him before he was born & my MIL just started calling him TC & it stuck.

blushing, i thought he was Thomas Charles. your kiddos really do look just like you!

It's always interesting to see what people do for a big breakfast. I prefer to call the one I make on Sundays brunch because it's big and meal in itself.

Hey Sarah, guess what I crave and I think I may just make it this Sunday. It might sound outrageous to others but not to Indians and Pakistani's alike:

Chick Pea curry (also called Chole) with some puffed up pooris. And a trick to making quick pooris is to use biscuit cans like pillsbury. Get the buttermilk kind and each is already seperated into individual biscuits. Roll each biscuit into size of a poori and deep fry. The chick pea curry can be made with canned garbanzo's. I think it would go well with a glass of fruit smoothie or mango lassi.

hey u made my mouth water....yummmm,know what? i love this breakfast but with the addition of halwa and potato bhujya too:) ...i've never tried my hand at pooris yet,they somehow intimidate me:) .....

Back
Top Bottom