What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made a half cherry, half apple pie with fluted edges, and brushed with egg wash. It looks great. I'm going to try to load pictures using my cell phone. If it doesn't work, I'll tranfer the pictures to my laptop, and go from there.

The darker side has cinnamon sprinkled over the top to show the apple side.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• 20220628_133926.jpg
    20220628_133926.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220628_134000.jpg
    20220628_134000.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220628_133948.jpg
    20220628_133948.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 26
View attachment 52567

Double Fudge Brownie Cookie from Crumbl Cookies.
I must say, we cut each cookie into 4ths and they even sell a cookie cutter that will cut the cookies into fourths, so why don't they put 4 pieces of brownie on top?

Looks really good. I love chocolate baked goods.
But why don’t they just make them a quarter the size and lower the cost accordingly per cookie? Would save on waste.

Last edited:
I made some strawberry and banana nice cream for dessert. Good stuff. Next time I will cut the strawberries in half before I put them in the food processor.

I bought a 5 pound bag of un-named fresh Oranges at the local Kroger's and they were inedible! So sour. I figured rather than throw them out I'd make Orange Sherbet!

IMG_1961.jpg

It came out so nice, not too sweet, not to sour or bitter.
Now it needs to sit quietly in the deep freeze for 24 hours, which is perfect, `cuz we're bringing my Mother over here to our house tomorrow for linner (late lunch/early dinner) and then stream a movie, she loves that.

I tried another new-to-me Danish recipe. This time for something called Jordbær Fragilite (Strawberry Fragilité). It's a bit fussy, but I'm sure it will be easier next time. It's two meringue rounds with chopped almonds. There's crème Chantilly with sliced strawberries between the two rounds. Confectioner's sugar and strawberries on top. I also used some lemon balm (citronmelisse) leaves to decorate. That was really yummy. I may have eaten too much, but the recipe says to eat it right away. :rolleyes: :yum:

Strawberry fragilité (jordbær fragilite).jpg Strawberry fragilité (jordbær fragilite) slice.jpg

I didn`t make any dessert today, but this a frequent favorite. French Apple Cake.

Attachments

• DSCN6952.jpg
    DSCN6952.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 11
I made some chocolate nice cream for dessert. It was very good. This was the first time I used a dairy cream rather than coconut milk. I wasn't in the mood to open a can of coconut milk or grate some coconut cream. I add some mint leaves, but we had to pay attention to even be able to detect the faint taste of mint. Thanks again @blissful for that nice cream recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom