What's for dinner? 10-11-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I've got a pot of split pea soup simmering on the stove. :yum: It smells so good, and now that the weather is cooling down, I'm all up into warm and comfy soups.

What's on your plate? :chef:

Grilled chicken ceaser salad with homemade croutons and dressing. Ricotta pound cake and amaretto for dessert.

Sounds good gals!

My plan is to make this:
https://www.instacart.com/costco/products/3115599-advance-pierre-chicken-cordon-bleu-raw-6-5-oz
I hadn't seen this in Costco for some time and DH just loves it!
Funny story:
The very first time I brought my then boyfriend, now DH, home to meet Mom&Dad, mom decided that she would make dinner for us and this is what she made. Every since its one of DH's favorite meals.
I think I'll steam the last of the haricot verts and maybe slice some fresh cuc and the last of my tomatoes from my patio pot garden.

Chicken piccata, served over angel hair, roasted cauliflower on the side. This is the first time I roasted cauliflower. In addition to the usual olive oil and garlic, I added a bit of hot paprika. Definitely a do again side.

Put together a small batch pasta in red gravy this morning...

When it came time to eat, I craved a hot dog.. Jeannie had the pasta, salad and bread sticks..

Peach cobbler for dessert...

Ross

Looks like a chicken night for the most part.

I made chicken paprikash with chicken thighs and buttered egg noodles for SO and me. (GD and DD are out with friends.)

I had a minor surgery this morning and I'm supposed to rest, so DH made dinner - pan-fried Alaskan pollock, rice medley and green beans. Butter pecan ice cream for dessert.

Quick healing, GG. Hope everything is good with you now. Meanwhile, milk it for all you're worth. :cool:

Chicken piccata, served over angel hair, roasted cauliflower on the side. This is the first time I roasted cauliflower. In addition to the usual olive oil and garlic, I added a bit of hot paprika. Definitely a do again side.
Leftover chicken piccata here, too. I roast many veggies. I think that roasting veggies does for them what bacon does for most things - make them better. :yum: I'll have to remember a little hot paprika next time, too.

We had our chicken over whole wheat spaghetti, with asparagus for our veggie. Salads to start.

Attachments

• 20171011_223339.jpg
    20171011_223339.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 143
orange chicken, chow mein, maple-orange glazed carrots, and a 2015 Starling Castle Gewürztraminer

I have so many Chinese food recipes and hardly ever make Chinese food any more, relying on Panda Express instead. I think I am going to declare Wednesday Chinese Food Night and start cooking Chinese or other Asian food for supper on Wednesdays.

BTW, none of tonight's supper is Panda Express, but I do want to try their first pork entrée, Peking Pork, in the near future. I just hope they realize that Muslims, and Jews who keep kosher, will not be buying anything from Panda Express unless they can prove that they have cooking and serving equipment and utensils used just for the pork entrée and kept separate from the other cooking and serving equipment and utensils. They may need a rabbi and imam to sign off on that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom