What's for dinner, 12/21/20?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I'm clearing stuff out of the freezer to get by until Christmas Day. Will turn some cooked chicken into creamed chicken over biscuits and peas.

What are you thinking about fixing?

Depending on my energy levels, I will probably make a pork roulade or some steak with a cream sauce. We don't really celebrate Xmas, but we do celebrate Winter Solstice. It was at 05:02 EST (UTC-5) this morning.

I'm saving leftovers for tomorrow, when I have to run errands. But for today, I was pulling a blank. Looked into the freezer and found a package of Naan bread. Himself is always down for pizza, I always have enough stuff around for toppings. Individual pizzas it will be.

Brats & Beans...
Beer Brats & Kidney Beans w/ Peppers & Onions, Slow-Simmered in Sweet Baby Ray's, Boiled Beets,....... Salad

Brats & Beans.jpg

A quick ground beef skillet dinner. Christmas cookies for dessert

Change of plans.

I've been trying to reduce the clutter in the freezers so I switched to leftovers of pork meatballs in chipotle butter cream sauce over noodles.

Attachments

• 7215968D-B6C0-4069-890D-8D7D108F7390_1_105_c.jpg
    7215968D-B6C0-4069-890D-8D7D108F7390_1_105_c.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 67
Depending on my energy levels, I will probably make a pork roulade or some steak with a cream sauce. We don't really celebrate Xmas, but we do celebrate Winter Solstice. It was at 05:02 EST (UTC-5) this morning.

Well, the energy level was too low for either of the above. I cut some chops form that loin that is still under consideration for being turned into a roulade. I marinated them with some vindaloo curry paste. I served those with some mixed, frozen vegis that I nuked with a green masala and some yogourt, some boiled potatoes, and a pan sauce. That worked well. The vindaloo curry paste isn't as hot as I expect a vindaloo to be, but still full of delicious flavours. Danish butter cookies for dessert.

I heated leftover sliced turkey in leftover gravy and made potato pancakes with the leftover mashed potatoes. I put some grapes on the plate to make it look pretty [emoji16]
20201221_201233.jpg

Back
Top Bottom