What's for Dinner? 12-4-18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I've got a pot of navy bean soup gently simmering on the stove. Will add some chopped ham, diced carrots, celery and onion once the beans soften up, then let it simmer until everything is tender. It's one of my fave soups. :yum:

What's on your plate today? :chef:

Soup here too Cheryl, but mine is Split Pea. I have a ham bone simmering with carrot, celery and onion using some of the chicken stock I made the other day. I'll add the peas later and simmer till it's all cooked together smooth.
Gotta remember to swallow a Beano tablet. :rolleyes:;)

That ham bone we bought at the Honey Baked Ham store was a great buy as I cut off about 6 cups of nice ham for other uses.

Think I'll make a box of the Cheddar Bay Biscuits too.

Last edited:
I've got a pot of navy bean soup gently simmering on the stove.

Navy beans, with corn bread, will be our dinner tomorrow night.. :yum:

We picked up a half of a ham today so, ham, salami and Havarti cheese melts on ciabatta buns were today's early dinner..

Cake later.. ;)

Ross

We had dinner by romantic candlelight tonight. The meal, however, wasn't the least bit romantic. Instead, my eyes are still dialing down from having my full eye exam late this afternoon. :LOL: In the spirit of Scouting, I was prepared - I made my pot of ham-and-bean soup last night. This go-round was with Goya 15-bean mix. Yummy yummy in the tummy. :yum:

Pork chops in the IP, steamed cauliflower, mashed potatoes & gravy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent the day house cleaning. I'm still finding dead bees. Grrrr.

So, I went easy with chili/cheese Nathan's hot dogs. It was quick and easy, and didn't mess up my clean kitchen.

CD

Leftovers. That Thai basil beef was just as good the next day, since the Thai basil was put on fresh again. Still have one more serving.

Last Night's Salmon Filet with Tempura Shrimp, both under a Teriyaki Drizzle, with Mashed Yam and Edamame, with a Wedgie and Egg Plate, dressed with Chipotle Ranch Dressing...

IMG_6675.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom