Whats for Dinner 6/7?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
We're having......Chicken Piccata, Roasted Aparagus, Buttery Egg Noodles with Parsley, Salt, Pepper and Lemon and thick slices of Italian Bread thats been drizzled with EVOO and then when done..... smeared with garlic and tomato when it comes off the grill then sprinkled with a little salt. I saw the bread thing on Everyday Italian and tried it in the past and I really liked it.

I posted this in the Tuesday 6/6 thread instead of here! This is what we're having tonight.

Risotto with onions, chicken breast, fresh local asparagus and peas (English peas in USA?) Served with a mixed salad.

Ishbel said:
I posted this in the Tuesday 6/6 thread instead of here! This is what we're having tonight.

Risotto with onions, chicken breast, fresh local asparagus and peas (English peas in USA?) Served with a mixed salad.

I've never tried Risotto and I don't know why. Instead of the buttered noodles I'm going to go buy some of this and give it a try.

Kim's going to cook pork steaks and brats on the Weber tonight. I need to come up with some accoutrements...right now, my mind is a blank. :huh:

It's David's 22nd birthday!! He wanted Kanga burgers for dinner but... Safeway has decided that he should work instead of coming over for a birthday celebration. We'll have to have his party next week some time.

So tonight Paul and I will have fried oysters ( my first attempt) and sauted
tiger prawns. Salad and a veggie too.

almost the same as Ishbel... brown risotto with onions and beef and peas. fresh roasted asparagus.

It is possible to find brown risotto, (Whole Foods for example) and it cooks very well with deep stocks like beef or lamb. It does take an hour as it is brown short grain rice, but it gets creamy and has a wonderful flavor. except for the time, it cooks just like white risotto.

I will use dry vermouth, beef stock, thyme, caramelized onions, parmesan cheese. And as this is not Milanese, I will use evoo. (I do understand about north Italy and butter.)

Well my shopping trip was a flop. I wasn't able to find any Risotto and the aspargus look really bad. So along with the Chicken Piccata we'll be having .......Spring Salad Blend w/vinegrette dressing, Creamy Chicken Flavored Egg Noodles, Garlic/Tomato Italian Bread. Our youngest chose a can of fruit cocktail for dessert........:) I was opting for angel food cake with a berry topping but I lost out.

check the Italian foods aisle of your market...Belino, Cento, and several other brands of arborio rice (used for risotto) are often there rather on the rice aisle.

I made stuffed boneless pork chops. The filling was sauteed onion, sweet apple (makintosh), celery, mushrooms, and a crumbled corn muffin, and some cripsy bacon, thyme, sage. Cook the pork chops slightly, then remove them from the oven, add the stuffing and bake a bit more til the stuffing is lightly brown. I made mashed potatoes with that, and some peas. Quick and easy peasy :)

amber said:
I made stuffed boneless pork chops. The filling was sauteed onion, sweet apple (makintosh), celery, mushrooms, and a crumbled corn muffin, and some cripsy bacon, thyme, sage. Cook the pork chops slightly, then remove them from the oven, add the stuffing and bake a bit more til the stuffing is lightly brown. I made mashed potatoes with that, and some peas. Quick and easy peasy :)

That pork chop sounds really dam.n good.

I am trying to make a concerted effort to use less prepackaged foods and cook more nutritional meals. So, tonight I had Spicy Chinese Chicken Kabobs with brown rice and spinach sauteed in a little olive oil. I have included a picture of the chicken kabobs. I put the chicken in the marinade last night. They had this wonderful orangy spicy taste.

Last edited:
i woke & i dug through my cupboards & found some ravioli. now for dinner- i'm on a pill of ambien so i oughta get a quick late-nite dinner before i zonk.

Last edited:
Yesterday I marinated 2 large lovely boneless skinless chicken breast halves in a few splashes of "Dave's Soy Marinade", which is one of my favorite non-homemade marinades, & then grilled them in my cast-iron grill pan. Served them with a large salad of roughly chopped Romaine lettuce tossed with garlic croutons & a couple of dollops of creamy Caesar dressing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom