What's for Dinner, August 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
Well, two nights of cereal and ice cream are enough (mud, I'm glad to know we weren't alone!)! Even though it's still supposed to be around 110 with heat index, I'm ready for a bit more of a meal so I'm going to make chicken fajitas tonight. I figure it's fast cooking so it won't heat the house too much.

And we're going out later this morning to buy more ice cream....:ROFLMAO:

Ever since you mentioned cold cereal, it has been niggling in the back of my mind!! But, as I thot yesterday, the T-bone I grilled last nite did take back burner to the wonderful goodies from the farmer's market. So, fajitas don't sound like a bad way to go with the l/o steak!!! I also have another 2 ears of corn and those little buttery potatoes.....I like your idea! ;)

No Idea, other than it will definitely be something along I-75 on the way down to Gatlinburg, TN.

John

Since I goofed around most of the week I got busy this morning and started a tortellini salad with pesto dressing extra pine nuts, diced garden tomatoes, will grill some thick pork chops, and corn, have some yukon golds going and will put butter and fresh chopped parsley and garlic, salt and pepper on them. Mave some homemade chocolate ice cream going as I type. That is about it unless I get off my fanny and make some rolls:LOL:

kadesma

We were going to go Greek tonight but... the day has turned out to be quite busy for both Paul and I. He won't be home until pretty late. So, instead I think I'll just Pick up some Hot and Sour soup and BBQ pork at the local Chinese place... or make BLTs.

I'm making home made pizza. Toppings are pepperoni, mushrooms, bell peppers, cubanelle peppers, tomatoes, spinach, and plenty of mozzarella. I can finally use the oven tonight, it's not as hot as it was yesterday.

Bangbang said:
What is breaded milanesa?
Bangbang,
don't know which Dina is making, but when I go to my favorite Mexican restaurant, I order chicken milanesa, but it can also be made with pork and beef. The meat is pounded thin, then breaded and fried, it's wonderful with a tomatillo green sauce and guacamole.

kadesma:)

That sounds really yummy. I get a dish at the local Sushi Shop that is a a breaded pork(ground pork) with a curry sauce. Its great.

We ordered wings & pizza last night. Our air was out when hubby got home & it was about 100F:ohmy: in the house so I was not going to cook! Hubby got it fixed so it's now nice & cool again.:)

Good thing your hubby's handy, crewsk! If that had happened here, we'd have been in trouble!:ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

I ended up doing something a little different than fajitas and it was a really nice change. I grilled chicken breast and let it cool, sliced it thin and put it in flour tortillas with avocado slices, lettuce, garden tomatoes, and a dressing of ranch dressing and salsa mixed together. Nice and light and cool for yet another hot night.

And yes, mud, there was lots of ice cream afterwards again!:)

Yesterday I did myself a favor & tried out a new crockpot recipe that a friend gave me. Consisted of boneless skinless chicken breasts, a jar of salsa, a drained can of corn, a drained can of black beans, & a brick of cream cheese. Plopped everything in in the morning & just left it.

This is meant to be a sort of multi-purpose sort of dish - you can use it as a stew over rice, or as a filling for enchiladas or tacos. Unfortunately, it was a bit too soupy for filling use, so when it was done I poured it all into a large skillet & let it cook down for a little while, then we used it to fill some crisp corn taco shells & topped them with some chopped lettuce. It tasted quite good, & the beans & corn were a nice touch, but next time I'll definitely add a bit more spice to it (or use a hotter brand of salsa!!).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom