What's for dinner, February 2, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
I am writing my menus/shopping lists for the next ten days so after some inspiration today!

Tonight we are having leftovers, we have some of the yummy mince thing I did left over as well as some things from earlier in the week. I am THRILLED to be having leftovers; I am getting tough with DH on myself with rationaing and making things last. :) I guess most people are not so keen on leftovers, huh?

We will also be having some fresh green beans with I'll lightly boil, then toss in a pan with garlic, a tin of cherry tomatoes and some onion. Anything else anyone thinks I should add to the beans? :chef:

Last edited:
We're doing appetizer night. We'll be having potato skins, chicken wings and in keeping with the finger food thing, veggies and dip rather than salad.

Sorry lulu, no ideas from me. Supper sounds fine as is.

lulu said:
Tonight we are having leftovers, we have some of the yummy mince thing I did left over as well as some things from earlier in the week. I am THRILLED to be having leftovers; I am getting tough with DH on myself with rationing and making things last. :) I guess most people are not so keen on leftovers, huh?

We will also be having some fresh green beans with I'll lightly boil, then toss in a pan with garlic, a tin of cherry tomatoes and some onion. Anything else anyone things I should add to the beans? :chef:

Oh, Buck and I like leftovers. Usually there's enough left to have nice lunches during the week.

How about browning up some bacon to put in with the beans? That would be good and give some mouth feel, too.

As for our supper tonight, we're having Hungarian pork goulash. Simmering now and making the whole house smell awesome. We'll have the last of a loaf of the N.Y. Times bread. Looks like I'm gonna have to make the bread again tomorrow. Boo hoo!:LOL:

I'll be starting a big pot of green chile pork stew and serve fresh, warm tortillas tonight. I'm making a lot as friends down the road love this stew!! And it freezes very well too.

Shunka said:
I'll be starting a big pot of green chile pork stew and serve fresh, warm tortillas tonight. I'm making a lot as friends down the road love this stew!! And it freezes very well too.
care to share the recipe?:neutral:

Last nights dinner ended up being Sizzlin's Goulash. Sizz, it got rave reviews by both my husband and myself. I did it exactly as you stated in your recipe to me and man oh man is it ever comfort food. Very very good and tasty, easy, had all the ingreds on hand and hubby asked for it for his lunch today at work. So, success!:w00t2: :clap:

I did end up going to the market although feeling like Cr^p! I got the needed ingreds for Tyler's Dad's meatloaf and tonight, that'll be what's for dinner.
I put the link in yesterdays post.
I literally have all the ingreds on the island awaiting the job. All except for the ground beef/ground pork, it's all there waiting for me to begin. Gad, I hope this recipe turns out being TDF...
I'll do buttermilk mashed pots and steamed garlic/cheesey brocciflower. The dh will have mini twix for dessert and probably a pepsi. I'll have no dessert, and water...
I will be sure to post my review, cause if it :wacko: 'snucks':wacko: big time I'll spare you all from making it.:-p

Last edited:
DH should be home on time tonight (keeping fingers crossed!) so I'd love to go out, just to have a break and some time to catch up without having to worry about dishes, etc. BUT, since he's been eating out most of the week I figure I'd better cook. I'm making bbq turkey patty melts--ground turkey that I mix a little bbq sauce into before grilling on my grill pan, served with melted cheese and sauteed onions on grilled bread. I'll have a leftover baked sweet potato and salad and he'll have salad and what ever side I'm inspired to cook (translation: I have no clue!:LOL: )!

I Probably sound like a Busted Record again but... it`s My fave again 2night;

Chicken and Spring greens :)

Lefselover, I've done several Tyler Florence recipes (he's the only one on that network who's recipes I'll do), and they've all turned out great. Good luck!

I didn't cook the last two night because I was teaching, so tonight, instead of take out, I'll make a parmesan crumb topped salmon fillet with a spiced herb mayonaise and asparagus risotto.

Shunka said:
Sounds like my kind of meal Shunka! It's been a couple months since I've made green chile stew. What do you put in yours? I make mine with potatoes, pork, green chile, corn, a can of diced tomatoes, garlic and some cumin. I serve it with grated cheese over the top and tortillas. yum

Tonight I'm in a modern dance performance, so dinner will probably be all of us grabbing a bite afterward. Hopefully we'll go somewhere tasty!

We are having crawfish, potatoes, corn-on-the-cob. Yum Yum!! We bought 35lbs. for the super bowl on sunday but the husband wants to cook 15lbs tonight for dinner. Fine with me! Can't wait.

I am going to Santa Barbara for the weekend and will have dinner with my friends.

Both of my friends who are husband and wife are both gourmet cooks so I am not sure if we will eat at their house and go out to a restaurant.

Grilled fish topped with brushetta, asparagus, salad and apple studel for dessert.

corazon90 said:
Sounds like my kind of meal Shunka! It's been a couple months since I've made green chile stew. What do you put in yours? I make mine with potatoes, pork, green chile, corn, a can of diced tomatoes, garlic and some cumin. I serve it with grated cheese over the top and tortillas. yum
Mine is pretty much like your's with the substitution of hominy instead of corn (I have used both if I felt like it, lol), chopped onions, celery, and carrots are the veggies besides green chiles, potatoes, garlic and tomatoes with the cubed pork. I also use a bit of cumin, thyme, black pepper and some Mexican oregano. To thicken it up some I will make a slurry of water and flour to add at the end. It you want to add more green chile taste; add a small to medium sized can of green chile enchilada sauce.

JCook said:
We are having crawfish, potatoes, corn-on-the-cob. Yum Yum!! We bought 35lbs. for the super bowl on sunday but the husband wants to cook 15lbs tonight for dinner. Fine with me! Can't wait.

Jcook, see my avatar? Can I come eat at your house tonight?

I am going to cook chicken kiev with mashed potatoes and peas. Also I am going to fry some chopped garlic, onions and mushrooms in a wok then add them to the mashed potatoes. Boy am I looking forward to dinner tonight!! :chef:

LEFSElover said:

Last nights dinner ended up being Sizzlin's Goulash. Sizz, it got rave reviews by both my husband and myself. I did it exactly as you stated in your recipe to me and man oh man is it ever comfort food. Very very good and tasty, easy, had all the ingreds on hand and hubby asked for it for his lunch today at work. So, success!:w00t2: :clap:

I did end up going to the market although feeling like Cr^p! I got the needed ingreds for Tyler's Dad's meatloaf and tonight, that'll be what's for dinner.
I put the link in yesterdays post.
I literally have all the ingreds on the island awaiting the job. All except for the ground beef/ground pork, it's all there waiting for me to begin. Gad, I hope this recipe turns out being TDF...
I'll do buttermilk mashed pots and steamed garlic/cheesey brocciflower. The dh will have mini twix for dessert and probably a pepsi. I'll have no dessert, and water...
I will be sure to post my review, cause if it :wacko: 'snucks':wacko: big time I'll spare you all from making it.:-p
Lefs,
I've made that meat loaf recipe, the only thing I did different was to use a portion of a jar of bruschetta diced red and yellow bell pepper that are roasted and mixed with capers and oil and vinegar, I didn't use much of the oil/ vinegar maybe 1 tea. I don't care for ground meats, but this was one good meat loaf. My DH raved over it and has asked for it several times now.
kadesma:)

LEFSElover said:

I'm so glad you liked it!:)

Back
Top Bottom