what's for dinner for 12/30/05?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i haven't decided what to have. i could go for oysters on the half; can't think of a place that sells them nearby, though.

not a lot of oyster beds near pittsburgh, huh luvs.

tonight, i'm combining 2 recipes. i'm making a chicken picatta, and then baking it with thin sliced onions, fennel, and grape tomatoes.

first, dredge pounded out chicken breasts in a mixture of flour, s&p, dried parsley and oregano, brown in evoo, and put into a baking dish. next, deglaze the pan with 2 cups of white wine, add 2 tbsps butter, a tbsp of fresh chopped rosemary, a few bay leaves, a cup of chicken stock, and 2 tbsps of capers. reduce by about a third, then pour over chicken.
top chicken with dabs of butter, sliced fennel, onions, and halved grape tomatoes. bake for 30 minutes at 400.
after plating the breasts and veggies, reduce the remaining liquid into a sauce, adding a little corn starch slurry.

buckytom said:
not a lot of oyster beds near pittsburgh, huh luvs.
quote]

yeah, bt, sigh. you can get oysters, not on my avenue, and whose to say if they're fresh or not once you do get them....

your meal sounds great, btw.:-p

I cleaned my fridge this morning, so we are eating leftovers (actually madeovers) and veggies I had too much of. It doesn't really seem to go together, but we are having chicken a la king (made from the butt roasted chicken) on biscuits, yellow squash and onions, glazed carrots and cole slaw.I suppose we will have the last of the mandarin orange cake for dessert. At least a few things will be cleaned out.

Mmmm. Mac N Cheese sounds yummy. But we're having Beef Stroganoff that my crockpot cooked for me with salad and garlic bread.

It's cold, damp and blustery here, too, sc. Gray sky-no sunshine. Hubby's been really sick all week. Chicken/sausage gumbo is on our menu tonight. Very medicinal!

I think he'll rally enough to watch the LSU game - geaux tigers!!

Papaya, carrot and chicken salad, &
Polenta with mushroom and red wine sauce.

This can be even better if you make the polenta beforehand, let it cool and kinda press it together, then cut it into bite size cubes and fry in the butter. However we have been eating way too many sweets these days and need to be on a lighter side for dinners... therefore tonight just a plain version of polenta...

thanks, sierra...this nasty bug has swept through town. Everyone has been sick.

keep warm! your fries sound yummy!!

I've been defrosting a 18 pound turkey in the fridge, and today was it's cooking day. So, I've got it in the big giant roaster, along with rubbed sage, garlic, and 2 cut up navel oranges from my tree in the back yard.

Not sure what I'm cooking with it though - I'll be at the grocery store later.

corazon90 said:
I said earlier that I was having chocolate kahlua mousse pie for dessert tonight...but as it turns out, I couldn't wait that long! :pig:

Did you make this? How good is it? Do you have a recipe?:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom