What's for dinner Friday 1/6?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
Hawaiian teriyaki marinaded basa on the grill with a side of almond risotto and salad. Some chocolate cake or brownies for dessert.

Going to Dina's........

I'm not sure what I'll fix, I'm not in a good mood lately and couldn't care less what I cook for HIM!

Oh Dina, sounds good. Great actually.:ROFLMAO:

Don't know yet myself. Am planning on going to a Le Creuset outlet store today far away from my house. I may just make a lengthy drive to see the kids after that. Dinner may be Baco Tell.:wacko:

I'm not sure what I'll fix, I'm not in a good mood lately and couldn't care less what I cook for HIM! (quote Texasgirl)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Exactly the reason I may be going to see the kids. Men! huhhhhhhhhhh.............

Last edited:
Coke Chicken, as referenced in the Soda Pop recipes thread. I'll probably go up to Pigeon Forge/Sevierville this weekend and look for kitchen gadgets/pans/etc... and then make bread, or something resembling it, this weekend for fun.:chef:

Chili.
Corn bread sounds good too... but, I really don't want to go to the store so...
it may just be chili.

LEFSElover said:
Oh Dina, sounds good. Great actually.:ROFLMAO:

Don't know yet myself. Am planning on going to a Le Creuset outlet store today far away from my house. I may just make a lengthy drive to see the kids after that. Dinner may be Baco Tell.:wacko:

I'm not sure what I'll fix, I'm not in a good mood lately and couldn't care less what I cook for HIM! (quote Texasgirl)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Exactly the reason I may be going to see the kids. Men! huhhhhhhhhhh.............

Too many jerks and not enough nice guys, I think they're all on here and taken:-p

pdswife said:
Chili.
Corn bread sounds good too... but, I really don't want to go to the store so...
it may just be chili.
Yummes! Do you have the ingredients for biscuits or drop scones? Those go great with chilli, especially if you toss a little cheddar or Jack cheese into the batter :)

Hi yah Pdswife :) Thanks, it's an okay day, nothing really going on though. I forgot to mention that a little chilli powder and/or chives (or green onions) in the biscuit batter is awesome.

I really hope that your day is going well too :kiss:

So far so good! Woke up and rode my bike some!!! Yippee!! Two days in a row!

The chili powder in the biscuits sounds great!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

I have been such a slug since the holidays are over. Think I'll give in to the kid's nagging all this week and order Chinese takeout tonight (it's payday).

We broke down & had subs last night so it's leftovers here for sure tonight.

My mom's coming over tonight to babysit so I can run out for an hour or two and go shopping!:) :) :)

Dina said:
Hawaiian teriyaki marinaded basa on the grill with a side of almond risotto and salad. Some chocolate cake or brownies for dessert.

dina, dina, the dancing machine-a. how did it turn out???? i wanted to give a few pointers on how to make the skewers so the fish doesn't stick and fall off into the grill, but i'm too late it seems. fyi, i like to cut the chunks of pineapple and onion slightly larger than the skewered fish pieces so the fish doesn't touch the grill much, reducing the chance of sticking. also, i fold over strips of fish skewering them at least twice, then spray with a little evoo to help them stay on and not stick to the grill.

yes, you could always do things the right way when grilling fish (right ronjohn :) ), and cook it on a very clean, oiled, and very hot grill. but i'm lazy, so i outwit my grill with geometry. (it was a close battle...)

anyway, i hoped it came out great!!!

tonight was a very good dinner at home, after a tough day. i pulled the midnight shift, and when i got home i noticed our eldest cat wasn't doing well, so dw made an afternoon appointment for her at the vet's, and gave her a big bowl of milk. i only got a couple of hours sleep when dw woke me to tell me that she had died, sleeping on the floor right next to me.
she had been sick for about a year now, taking meds for her thyroid, but old age and complications from her thyroid finally got her. i had already thought that she might have to be put down, but she peacefully died at home.

for dinner tonight, i made baked salmon with a dill/basil butter and baked taters, and was hoping that she was going to eat some since she hadn't eaten much for the last few days. unfortunately, it didn't come to pass. hopefully she's having some fresh copper river salmon right now with my mil in heaven...

img_211584_0_e60753452b014bbd1f83f6bb2ccd2b32.jpg

Back
Top Bottom