What's for Dinner? Friday 11/30/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'll be having leftover short ribs, gravy, veggies, and mashed this afternoon. Been busy around the house today with the Christmas tree and getting out my winter décor and just generally getting into the spirit. So glad I made enough yesterday for leftovers today. :yum:

Whatcha all having this evening? :chef:

Last edited:
Caponata on toast, marinated roasted red bells and onions, arrancini, salami and capicola slices. Pound cake with toffee bits stirred into batter for dessert later.

Attachments

• 2018-11-30 18.18.31.jpg
    2018-11-30 18.18.31.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Leftovers (our favorite!) and some scalloped potatoes with parmesan top.

Tonight we had really delicious Linguini and Clam Sauce the easy way. Canned clams, along with bottled clam broth and fresh linguini pasta from the grocery store. We chopped all the fresh garlic, shallots and parsley, drank a glug or two of the Amontillado we added to the mix. Oh yeah, it was a great dinner with spinach salads on the side.
:chef:

Yum! Fran Leibowitz, my favorite humorist, says that linguine with clam sauce is “mankind’s crowning achievement.”

We went out to dinner with old friends who we only see about once/ year. They chose a burger palace close to their neighborhood. Sort of meh burgers, neighboring table was complaining about their salads, we ordered fries. <<Those were the only good things we had. Way overpriced too. Dx went to bed. Think I'll make some popcorn and click on a movie.

We had leftover chicken-barley stew. But first I had errands to run. As I was driving, I noticed a new bakery that was still open after what I thought were their regular hours. Detoured into the parking lot and walked into Wild Flour Kolaches. As Clevelanders from Eastern European descent, kolaches mean breakfast bakery, like a cheese Danish, to us. This place has those, but what they really turn out are savory kolaches. I picked up two different kinds: cheesesteak with peppers and onions, and sausage gravy. We shared and had half of each kind for supper, followed up by a bit of the stew. Eh, the kolaches were OK. I'll have to get there earlier to see if their sweet offerings are better.

Attachments

• 2018-11-30 20.19.10.jpg
    2018-11-30 20.19.10.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 128
Baked chicken katsu (inspired by GG's dinner a few days ago) with a drizzle of tonkatsu sauce..

IP creamy garlic orzo, blanched asparagus, finished in a teriyaki/butter glaze..

Ice cream for dessert..

Ross

I had a ham sandwich with lettuce. I also nuked a bowlful of frozen corn kernels and just topped with butter and coarse salt.

We had leftover chicken-barley stew. But first I had errands to run. As I was driving, I noticed a new bakery that was still open after what I thought were their regular hours. Detoured into the parking lot and walked into Wild Flour Kolaches. As Clevelanders from Eastern European descent, kolaches mean breakfast bakery, like a cheese Danish, to us. This place has those, but what they really turn out are savory kolaches. I picked up two different kinds: cheesesteak with peppers and onions, and sausage gravy. We shared and had half of each kind for supper, followed up by a bit of the stew. Eh, the kolaches were OK. I'll have to get there earlier to see if their sweet offerings are better.

One of my smaller customers is a kolache store. They have the kind of kolaches that you are familiar with, as well as sausage rolls, and other meat rolls, which are what I am seeing in your photo.

Their cinnamon rolls are AMAZING!!!

Kolache Heaven - Daily Menu

CD

Tonight we had really delicious Linguini and Clam Sauce the easy way. Canned clams, along with bottled clam broth and fresh linguini pasta from the grocery store. We chopped all the fresh garlic, shallots and parsley, drank a glug or two of the Amontillado we added to the mix. Oh yeah, it was a great dinner with spinach salads on the side.

This sounds delicious! :yum: I'm adding tinned clams and bottled clam broth to my list to have on hand in the pantry. I always have several kinds of pasta, and almost always garlic, shallots, and parsley. Craving this now. :)

This sounds delicious. Is there are recipe?

Back
Top Bottom