What's For Dinner, Friday, April 27, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Grandsons are spending the night, will be making sloppy joes, mac-and-cheese, and cantaluope. May make a butterscotch pudding pie. (Did) !

Last edited:
We ate meat 3 times already this week, an awful llot for us. Tonight we'll have a feenel and orange salad, a repeat of the baby rocket and parsely sprout salad we had yesterday (unbelievably good!) and if DH wants more substance he'll have to get a vegetable pizza of some sort from over the road :)

EDITED:

Change of plan!

My fennel is off! As the fennel/orange salad was the biggest part of the meal DH is getting a pizza, with zucchine, peppers and aubergine, and we're having a cantaloupe, orange and mint salad.

Last edited:
It's a cold, rainy day here. So, I'm making a pot roast (using eye round) with porcini mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic and red wine. Mashed potatoes, sauteed spinach, and rolls for dipping into the pot roast gravy. Dessert is mango pineapple empanadas (from Starbuck's).

I ran out of leftover mashed potatoes and vegetables, so I have a turkey sandwich and some Progresso chicken noodle soup for lunch, and I am thinking of perhaps ordering a pizza for supper, seeing it's Friday and all. But, then again, I have a couple of very large breasts (watch where I am going here!) thawing at home and I did recieve my new toy, the George Foreman G5 grill, yesterday, so I may experiment with it all week-end. Anyone for Chinese Chicken salad tonight and chicken and waffles for breakfast tomorrow? I have REAL butter and REAL Vermont Maple syrup.

Caine said:
....... I did recieve my new toy, the George Foreman G5 grill, yesterday, so I may experiment with it all week-end. Anyone for Chinese Chicken salad tonight and chicken and waffles for breakfast tomorrow? I have REAL butter and REAL Vermont Maple syrup.

ROFL, CAine, aren't those things meant to help reduce the fat in the diet???:ROFLMAO: OOOhh, waffles sound good though ;)

Roast Sausage With Onions, Pepper & Potatoes

With not a lot in the house right now - I'm making the recipe posted in another topic with the kielbasa I have

ROAST SAUSAGE WITH ONIONS, PEPPER & POTATOES

However, I have no peppers even though it's one of the main ingrediants "lol". Instead I peeled and cut up a winter squash and will use a Roma tomatoe that I have...possibly throw in some home made tomatoe sauce into the mix.

I'm only cooking for two. I will also serve it with some soup. I'm not much into making soup, but I made a pretty good soup earlier today. A small batch. I had a can of chick peas and didn't know what to do with it. I do some google searches and found some ideas. I ended up cooking a yummy soup consisting of tomatoe sauce, rosemary and other spices, chick peas, beef stock, garlic, oil and some orzo.

We finished up our leftovers for lunch and I'm making tillapia and possibly a pasta dish with zuchini, yellow squash, onions and tomatoes, and cole slaw. We have fruit bars for dessert.

Meatloaf Open-Facers

We'll be having Meatloaf Open-Facers to use up the leftover meatloaf tonight.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what to serve with it?

legend_018 said:
I'm curious to know what this is?

Tilapia is a very mild fish that lends itself well to many ways of preparation. I broil it, bake it, bread it and fry it. There are more ways, but they don't come to mind at the moment. We eat it a couple of times a month, at least, in our house.

If you are "on the fence" about eating or preparing fish, tilapia would be a good fish to try.

It can be found in the fresh or frozen sections of most markets.

I think homemade maidrites for us tonight..green beans...maybe some noodles or tators..

Today I go to the beauty parlor and afterwards I am meeting a girlfriend at Chin Chin. I really enjoy their food and they have great salads.

lulu said:
ROFL, CAine, aren't those things meant to help reduce the fat in the diet???:ROFLMAO: OOOhh, waffles sound good though ;)

Well, the original unit was designed to grill meats at a slight angle so that the fat that results from cooking would drain away into a receptacle rather than allowing whatever you were cooking to wallow in it However, this new unit has 5 different types of plates for a myriad of different cooking uses. I bought mine specifically for the waffle iron plates because I do not now, nor have I ever, owned a waffle iron, and the grill plates so I can make panini. It was on sale at Amazon.com for $99.00, with free shipping. They offered a sixth set of plates for making omelettes for $18.00, but they weren't included in the free shipping and the shipping was almost as much as the plates. I am hoping I can buy them locally, in person, perhaps at Bed, Bath, & All That Other Junk or Linens 'N' Stuff.

*doing a happy dance* I get Chinese food! My honey looooves me! WOOHOO! Its a great day in the neighbourhood!

Alix said:
*doing a happy dance* I get Chinese food! My honey looooves me! WOOHOO! Its a great day in the neighbourhood!

I am Caine. Kwai Chang Caine. I get Chinese food EVERY day!

It's 80 degrees here at 5 p.m. The kids played most of the afternoon in the sprinklers..So dinner is just grilled hot dogs with all the goodies, chopped red onions,chili,cheese,tomatoes, pickles ketchup, mustard, mayo, mac salad and chips for the kids..dessert is just root beer floats..

kadesma:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom