What's for dinner, Friday, August 17th.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
i have to finish the pork in garden veggie sugo when i get home, but i also have to make the london broils that i didn't make the other night.

so, if it's not raining later, we'll have grilled london broil, peppers, and red onion, with a new basmati/wild rice and veggie combo that i picked up in costco recently.

whatcha cookin' tonight?

a Huge serving of 12 vegetable stir fry each, I may have to do it in 2 batches.
no meat of carbs tonight, just plenty Veg :)

We are heading to the ME coast for the weekend. Tonight it will be a little Italian place and tomorrow Lobsta.

Pork here tonight. And fresh corn on the cob. I need to decide whether to stir fry the pork, do it as kebabs or what. I'll work that out later.

We're having bbq chicken salads with mixed greens, corn, black beans, tortilla strips, cheddar and ranch dressing. I have chocolate chip zucchini muffins in the oven right now. They'll get a chocolate glaze later and be a good dessert/evening snack!

Breakfast was Ovaltine. Lunch will be Conchigilie and tomato sauce with hot Italian sausage and meatball. Supper, eh, who knows? Maybe a salad, maybe a burger and fries from the closest fast food place, maybe even a mushroom cheesesteak hoagie. Definitely not pizza though. I am not in the mood for pizza.

I've had a hankering for linguine carbonara and linguine and steamed clams. Could do the carbonara at home, but since it's going to be another hot day, I may wind up with quizno's tuna subs or delivery.

I am off off off today. Lou came up last night.... We took a 15 mile bike ride through the parks this morning. Dinner will be great!

We're starting with mai tais for cocktail hour.

I have fresh mozzarella with tomatoes and basil from the garden to start with. I'm using a combination of very ripe reds and unripe green tomatoes for colour and flavour. I've got great bread from a bakery in hoboken.

Dinner will be stuffed whole red snapped done on the grill. I'm going to stuff it with roasted bread cubes, plums, cilantro, and onions. I'll make a sauce of white wine and mangoes to go with that, served with brown rice.

I have almond and coconut macaroons from Fralingers in Ocean City for dessert.

I also have a 10 pound pork from Canulli brothers on 9th Street in Philly smoking in the yard. That could possibly be picked on tonight, or saved for down the shore picnic tomorrow.

PA Baker said:
I have chocolate chip zucchini muffins in the oven right now. They'll get a chocolate glaze later and be a good dessert/evening snack!

Okay, I don't bake much, but this sounds great - and healthy! ;) Mind posting the recipe? TIA.

I was thinking of Lamb Gyros and baklava tonight.....but talk of steaks in another thread have swayed me that way.

So, T-Bones on the grill, twice baked potatoes with sour cream and fresh chives, steamed broccoli with cheese, and rolls.

Chicken "something." Had planned a baked chicken dish, but it's still too hot to turn the oven on. Gonna revise the menu and put the chicken in the crock-pot. I'm thinking along the lines of some garlic, white wine and tarragon. I have a head of garlic I can roast to make a spread for the half baguette that's in the fridge, then complete the meal with a light salad. I'll be soooooooooo glad when this heat is over. It's just no fun cooking when it's like this.

Katie E said:
Chicken "something." Had planned a baked chicken dish, but it's still too hot to turn the oven on. Gonna revise the menu and put the chicken in the crock-pot. I'm thinking along the lines of some garlic, white wine and tarragon. I have a head of garlic I can roast to make a spread for the half baguette that's in the fridge, then complete the meal with a light salad. I'll be soooooooooo glad when this heat is over. It's just no fun cooking when it's like this.

Here’s a thought, you could always move that really wonderful toaster oven you own :) to the front porch, back porch, far away room, etc, and bake in it?

Hauled out a foccacia from the freezer, marinated some roasted red bells with garlic,and red wine vinegar, added some salt and pepper sliced up some tomatoes,thin sliced salami,thin slices of red onion sour dough rolls split,put the salami on the rolls,then add the tomatoe slices,some of the marinated peppers, top with sliced mozzarella and thin slices of red onion rings.Place the rolls open faced on a tray and put under broiler til mozz melts, then top with arugula and a drizzle of good evoo, close the sandwich and cut in half and enjoy...Having a cup of onion soup with the sammie and ice cream for dessert.
kadesma;)

We had chicken florentine, brown rice, and broccoli. Simple but delicious and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom