Whats for dinner Friday Cinco de Mayo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think we're having salad tonight. If we're hungry yet...we ate sooooooooooo much last night for dinner that our tummys are still over full.

Not sure what we are doing yet. Mom just invited us out to dinner with them to this little Italian place, but it is so nice outside (79 degrees) that I feel it would be a shame to not use the grill.

GF and I actually ate our Cinco de Mayo meal last night before watching the Laker game, which they lost in OT. We went to Ciudad, which is a restaurant owned by the "Two Hot Tamales", Susan Fenniger and Mary Sue Milliken. Trying to eat at a Spanish or Mexican restaurant on the 5th in Los Angeles is like trying to find a spot with no smog.

Here's what we had:

Hamachi Sashimi with a Lemon-Spanish Olive Oil emulsion, Avocado, and Crispy Bacalao

Grilled Prawns with a Chorizo, Saffron, and Tomato Broth

Seared Ahi Quesadilla with a Mesculun, Jicama, and Pear Salad, Chipotle Aioli, Basil Oil, and Raspberry Vinegar Reduction

Pan Seared Cod with a White Bean, Piquillo Pepper, and Onion Nage

Finished it all over a bottle of Ramon Bilbao Temperanillo from Rioja.

Attachments

• hamachi.jpg
    hamachi.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 250
  • prawns.jpg
    prawns.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 268
  • ahi.jpg
    ahi.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 225
  • cd.jpg
    cd.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Ha! I was hoping you guys would give me ideas for tonight's dinner, but there's no way I can reproduce the one above :-p

I made Mexican food earlier in the week (Sour Cream Salsa Chicken in Blue Corn taco shells), so last night I sauteed some large shrimp in some extra-virgin olive oil, chopped garlic, one chopped tomato, & chopped Italian parsley & tossed it with some whole-wheat fettucini.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom