Whats for Dinner, Friday Feb 6th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
A little early here but I'm already planning my dinner. I'm going to make a shepherds pie, Greek salad and a nice red wine for dinner.

gawd its friday already?:wacko:

my kitchen has been totally disrupted for almost two weeks now, and I continue to tear things apart for an early spring cleaning:)

As soon an the electricity was restored, dh left for TN to attend to his moms surgery and he won't be back for several days, so the main eater in this house is absent:cool:

I need to get in gear and put some foods in the freezer, thinking of calzones and dinner rolls for today. But I will probably have the same thing for dinner that I had last night......popcorn;)

I am up early too, Toots!

Beth, I hope your Hubby's mom feels better soon. Prayers to the both of you and the family.

My BF, Mark still has this NASTY cold/flu--whatever it is. This has been going on for three weeks now. It started out as a cough, then moved into his chest, an eye infection, and now he's feverish, coughing likes he smokes 3 packs of cigarettes a day, and is nautious. I almost feel like I shouldn't go to work, but I have to.

To make a long story short. I was going to make chicken noodle soup for dinner, but he's going to have the canned variety for lunch... so that is over-kill. Instead, I put a beef roast in the crock pot with sliced potato and celery.... no carrots :(. That will have to due.

Goodweed Of The North said:
Dip the skin-on, skinless, bone-in, boneless (it doesn't matter) chicken in egg-wash, then in seasoned flour. Fry in two inches of hot oil until just starting to brown. Remove to a foil-lined jelly-roll sheet and place in a 375' oven for 30 minutes

I'm having GW's recipe...plus some baked tator salad...and something else..

I am really glad someone else started this for a change!

DH is done his three days off and now has 6 days on so it will be a case of having our big meal at noon again. Today I am hoping to finally get to the red snapper with citrus sauce. Just have to go and take the fish and fish stock out of the freezer ASAP. Not sure about sides yet.

We have some broccoli salad left from yesterday so that will be my dinner - doesn't taste quite the same with turkey bacon, but I am working real hard to get the cholesterol under control (okay, except for KFC the other night) :angel:

Uncle Bob, please enjoy that nice GW-style chied fricken for me Pretty Please!!!!!

DH is teaching tonight so I'm solo. I'll probably grab something at the mall when I go for the weekly Deaf get-together in the food court. The other option is to make a roast beef sandwich at home since I roasted the meat yesterday and will slice it up today. This is my first attempt at "homemade" deli roast beef.

Trying a new recipe for chicken breasts stuffed with pancetta, roasted red peppers, onions, etc. Have some leftover risotto to go with it.

I'm hoping to get off of work a little early, because I want breakfast for dinner. Waffles, hash browns and a tofu scramble. If time permits, I may whip up some gravy too.

I'm taking some leftover marinated thinly sliced steak that I cooked last night and putting it onto a green salad dressed with cider vinegar dressing and topping it with shaved parmesan cheese. Then because I didn't have enough meat for a full meal I'm going to serve with mushroom and mascapone cheese pizza topped with italian anti-pasti meats and herbs.

hi me and my DH are planning to go out for dinner at Brick house:)

Lasagna with meat sauce (it was supposed to be a cheese lasagna but DS crinkled his nose..he likes meat). Sigh.

Mixed up a big batch of Caputo pizza dough last nite in my new Electrolux DLX. 5 dough balls have been on a long ferment in the fridge for pizza tonite, and the other 6 went straight to the freezer. A few friends are coming over for the following pizza's:

Spinach and Feta in a cast iron skillet
San Marzano sauce, mozzarella & pepperoni
San Marzano sauce & mozzarella
White - garlic, olive oil & italian seasonings for the sauce, fresh tomatoes & mozzarella.

The last one will be the favorite from above.

I am thinking Cream of Potato Soup with Broccoli and Cheese. Salad.

I have no idea,
Maybe chinese carryout would work. Guess I'll check the fridge when I get home to see what we have. Really don't have any preferences though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom