What's for dinner, Friday, October 12th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A couple of leftover pieces of KFC chicken, some WalMart red potato salid, a couple of beers ... and the Cleveland Indians baseball game.

We had chicken leg quarters, covered with barbecue sauce and baked, baked potatoes, and mixed vegetables.

:)Barbara

I picked up a Roasted Duck Salad from my fave Thai restarant - thinly sliced roasted duck, mixed greens, slivered carrots, cashew nuts, basil, halved cherry tomatoes in a citrus lime sauce. My lips are still burning, but the salad was very good.

Vera, your whole meal sounds wonderful, but I'm really curious about your mushrooms. Could you share a recipe please?

Michele, I hope the kids feel better and that you stay healthy!

Here, I had the exact opposite of Vera's--a good, greasy, cheese pizza. No salad or anything tonight, just lots of pizza!:pig::rolleyes:

Good morning PA Baker
I used dried cranberries, which I plumped in a bit of sauternes, on the stovetop. I roasted the hazelnuts, removed the skins, and chopped them finely with the cranberries. To that mixture, I added one anchovy (for the salt flavour and the oil content, and to compliment the nutty flavour of the hazelnuts) also finely chopped. I added a small amount of goat cheese to give the filling a creamier base, and a small amount of unseasoned bread crumbs. Sorry I don't have exact measurements...I was creating as I went along. I used baby bella mushrooms for their earthy flavour, knowing the filling was quite hardy in assorted flavours and textures. Then I popped them in the oven for about 15 minutes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom